The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My traction control, ABS, and brake light kept turning on whenever the van reached 15 mph. Code scanner showed C2200 "Anti-Lock Brake Module Internal", I ran through the troubleshooting in the shop manual and everything was leading me to needing to replace the ABS module. As a last ditch effort I gave the module a few whacks with a wrench and its now working as it should. I guess sometimes you just need to beat on stuff. We'll see how long it holds out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine shows the same c2200 and it appeared after I replaced the master cylinder. I bled the brakes normally, then used a friend's autel maxicom scanner to do the abs bleeding, and also checked out all the data associated with abs, speed sensors, pressure sensors, etc. I don't see any problem. After clearing the c2200 it came back the next day before I even took the car off the lift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I had that error, I had to end up replacing the ABS Control module I purchased online and installed myself, it took like 15-30 min to do. I had to take it to the dealer to program. . Once it was programmed, I have not had a problem since. This is my second one, at about 205K miles. It had cracks on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I had that error, I had to end up replacing the ABS Control module I purchased online and installed myself, it took like 15-30 min to do. I had to take it to the dealer to program. . Once it was programmed, I have not had a problem since. This is my second one, at about 205K miles. It had cracks on it.
Does the module have all of the brake lines attached to it? Or is the module somehow separate from the valves and the brake lines? It would take me 15 minutes to open the hood and think about the best way to access the module.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts