The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I joined this forum yesterday and spent most of the day reading hundreds of threads in case my problem had already been solved. No success. So here goes my first post. Please bear with me.
I have inherited a Chrysler 2009 Town and Country minivan. It has a few issues but I'm looking for help on this one.
The problem is with the drivers door electrical node which has the wiring, switches etc. for power windows, mirrors and door locks. None of these are currently working.
The problem occurred a month ago when they first failed. I removed the J4 fuse from the fuse box under the hood. I tested it with my multimeter and it was good. I re inserted it. started the van and low and behold the switches worked.
Worked fine until about 4 days ago. I went through the same procedure I did last time but nothing worked. Swapped out the fuse with the J5(same) which controls the node on the passenger side door which was working. Side door node worked. Drivers door node did not. Just for the heck of it I disconnected the battery (negative side) for 5 minutes but that didn't solve the issue either.

1. Has anyone else had or has this problem and can help me.

2. Are there other fuses, relays or switches that I should be looking at?

3 Has anyone got an electrical schematic for the driver door or one that might help? I cannot find one. Not even on the suggested site at the top off this forum.

Thanking everyone , in advance , who responds to this post

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update. Still haven't found any good scvhematics so I removed the master windows switch. checked the connection and I do have 12 to 14 volts at the conne3ction so I'm confident at this point that the switch is kaput. ordered a new switch and will install it within a few days . Hopefully this will solve my problem. I will post my results in a few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts