The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2010 T&C Touring. 97K in mileage. Used from a Dealership. I noticed when talking to the salesman that the Check Engine Light was on and the Temp Gauge didn't move the who 15 minutes we talked in the car. Took a week for those Items to be repaired with new parts. As it is a used car, that has a awesome maintenance record. I've been looking up information on the Internet and I found your Forum.
I looked at the Specs. Noticed that Remote Start was a Option, but I don't think I have all the pieces for it to work. Reading information from others on here.. I went to look at my car to see if I had a Hood Ajar Switch. I didn't find one. So my understanding is in order for the Remote Start to work, you have the have the Key Fob. And that you need to program those Key Fobs. I got two coming today. They have the Remote Start Button on them. The Key I got from the dealership looks like a "Mechnics Key". And doesn't have the Remote Button. I may have to figure out another way..
Thanks for reading my Post..
Great Website with lots of knowledge...

Don

· Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,985 Posts
Remote start is quite easy to add!

There are 3 parts to the remote start system;
1) The hood ajar switch which will only be present if the remote start is present. Luckily, the connector for it is present on every 5'th generation van, the connector is tucked under the fuse box, clean the pins inside, and get the new switch installed.
2) The button on the key fob. You do not need whole new keys, if you buy the rubber piece on it's own you can swap it for the rubber in your keys.
3) Optional is the remote start antenna. You will need to do some modification to the key module (where the key inserts into). It's optional because all it does is it increases the range for the key fobs from 20meters to 100 meters. I made a thread about adding the antenna to non-antenna equipped vans Here.

Now comes programming. There are 2 programs that can do this, they are called appcar FCA and alfaOBD. I believe alfa can now enable and program the remote start, however I cannot confirm this. Appcar FCA can. Both programs cost 50$ each, the difference is appcar is locked to one vin opposed to alfa which doesn't.
You need to enable the hood switch
You need to activate remote start
Read the 4 digit key fob code,
And program one key. That's it.

· Registered
2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remote start is quite easy to add!

There are 3 parts to the remote start system;
1) The hood ajar switch which will only be present if the remote start is present. Luckily, the connector for it is present on every 5'th generation van, the connector is tucked under the fuse box, clean the pins inside, and get the new switch installed.
2) The button on the key fob. You do not need whole new keys, if you buy the rubber piece on it's own you can swap it for the rubber in your keys.
3) Optional is the remote start antenna. You will need to do some modification to the key module (where the key inserts into). It's optional because all it does is it increases the range for the key fobs from 20meters to 100 meters. I made a thread about adding the antenna to non-antenna equipped vans Here.

Now comes programming. There are 2 programs that can do this, they are called appcar FCA and alfaOBD. I believe alfa can now enable and program the remote start, however I cannot confirm this. Appcar FCA can. Both programs cost 50$ each, the difference is appcar is locked to one vin opposed to alfa which doesn't.
You need to enable the hood switch
You need to activate remote start
Read the 4 digit key fob code,
And program one key. That's it.
Thank you very much for the insight of this. I know it's a used vehicle. But I bought it because it was 4000 Dollars, under 100k in miles. And it is great shape and well taken care of. I just want the other things to work on the car..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts