The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm considering adding fog/driving lights to my "base model" 2010 T&C LX 3.8L, but wish to use a factory location. I haven't seen any other TC's of this generation with such, so I'm curious if a Caravan bumper cover will swap without issue.

Also: I'm wondering if there's any special pieces/mods needed to mount said fog/driving lights in the factory location. And if I can safely add a secondary/aftermarket control switch for them, or is adding them using the factory pieces easier?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,131 Posts
'08-'10 and '11+ are the 2 body styles. As long as you get one from a '08-'10, it'll fit no issue.

You can also swap the '11+ on if you get the headlights and their brackets too. That's if you want to update the look a bit.

Factory fog lights mount to a plastic bracket made into the bumper cover. For aftermarket you'll have to make your own.

If there are connectors for the fog lights (pretty sure they should be there on all of them) all you would need is the headlight switch. Don't think they require enabling in AlfaOBD.

Reactions: Nickelindimer

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
214 Posts
So I'm considering adding fog/driving lights to my "base model" 2010 T&C LX 3.8L, but wish to use a factory location. I haven't seen any other TC's of this generation with such, so I'm curious if a Caravan bumper cover will swap without issue.

Also: I'm wondering if there's any special pieces/mods needed to mount said fog/driving lights in the factory location. And if I can safely add a secondary/aftermarket control switch for them, or is adding them using the factory pieces easier?
You do not need a new front bumper cover for your 2010 T&C LX to install fog lights, as the fog light mounting locations are already present. They are located behind the removable plastic covers where the fog lights would be located:

New bezels would be installed into the front bumper cover after installing the fog light assemblies:

The Mopar part number for the 2010 T&C OEM fog light kit is 82212065. It has long been discontinued by Chrysler; however, at the time of writing for this post, I was able to find an eBay listing for a NOS (new old stock) kit and another listed by JEGS on their online store:
Physical installation of the OEM fog light kit involves adding a connector for the fog light wiring that runs off of one of the TIPM connectors, running in the fog light wiring harness, installing the fog light assemblies into the front bumper cover, and replacing the headlight switch with one that can turn the fog lights on and off. The OEM fog light kit installation instructions can be viewed from this PDF document: Mopar K6860299

If you decide to go the route of having an OEM fog light kit installed, they will require programming after physical installation in order to have them enabled and working with the vehicle. A Chrysler dealership can do this (they would do the programming as part of the process if you have them perform the entire installation, or you could do the physical installation yourself and then only have to pay them for programming), or you could enable the fog lights yourself if you have the appropriate third-party programming software (AlfaOBD or Appcar DiagFCA) with a compatible OBD-II adapter (e.g., OBDLink MX+).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts