The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of y’all owned Toyota’s that made a beeeep noise when you turn it on? I would love to know what that is!. Some kind of tire pressure sensor?

·
3rd gen > all others
2,712 Posts
That guy doesn't understand the automotive calendar. Build date is 6/09 meaning it is a 2009. If it were built in August then it would be considered a 2010.

Also, that is not a 7 passenger van. 6 passengers and a driver. We have the center jump seat in our 2011, making it a true 7 passenger van. Since 2011 was a total redesign, that is why there aren't many 2010's (line had to be refit for new model).

They are very nicely equipped vans in luxury trim, but I can't get past the long, ugly headlights. The first gen was a much better looking van. Unfortunately, the first two gens suffered from engine oil sludge and a badly designed oil pipe on the back of the engine that needed to be replaced. They also go through tires like crazy!

If you can get past the ugly look and don't mind changing oil/tires a lot, it would be a nice van. I like the middle row optional seat configuration. Our 2011 doesn't have that, but then ours has the center jump seat. Ours is the XLE, just one step down from a limited. It doesn't have the adaptive cruise control, or the entertainment system (does have navigation though).

That long beep was probably from the lights being left on when the van was started, or the hazard lights being on.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,607 Posts
That guy doesn't understand the automotive calendar. Build date is 6/09 meaning it is a 2009. If it were built in August then it would be considered a 2010.
Not necessarily.

Car makers can start making next model year as early as February-March of the present year.

We are already selling 2021 model year.

Didn't watched that video, best way to find out is to look for model year (not built date) on the ID label.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he said they were rare because the XLE Limiteds were very expensive and not too many were made

·
Registered
240 Posts
A friend of mine had a 2005 XLE. These IMO were very nice looking minivans, although I kind of liked the pre facelift style 2004-05 look better. I always thought these had about the best looking interior at the time, especially in XLE or Limited trim.

If you think about it the new ones really haven't changed much since the 2004 as far as the styling goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts