The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transmission went to limp mode today dtc code P0755. Shift solenoid "B" malfunction.

Is this part of the solenoid pack that's called a "kickdown solenoid" on auto parts websites?

·
Registered
972 Posts
P0755-2/4 SOLENOID CIRCUIT
When Monitored:
Initially at ignition on, then every 10 seconds thereafter. The solenoids will also be tested immediately after a gear ratio error or pressure switch error is detected.

Set Condition:
Three consecutive solenoid continuity test failures, or one failure if test is run in response to a gear ratio or pressure switch error.

Possible Causes:
(T19) 2/4 CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
(T19) 2/4 CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(T19) 2/4 CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
TRANSMISSION SOLENOID/PRESSURE SWITCH ASSEMBLY
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was fighting this same intermittent issue for a long time. Finally found the issue. It seems the harness that plugs into the tranny is a bit short causing some of the wires to stretch and break. They appear ok looking at them but Check them with an ohmmeter or give them a thorough inspection. I had 1 wire that was bad, which has been repaired and no more 0755 limp mode issues. But I will spend an afternoon in the summer repairing a few others that are real tight. Chrysler should have added an inch or so to this harness.

hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was fighting this same intermittent issue for a long time. Finally found the issue. It seems the harness that plugs into the tranny is a bit short causing some of the wires to stretch and break. They appear ok looking at them but Check them with an ohmmeter or give them a thorough inspection. I had 1 wire that was bad, which has been repaired and no more 0755 limp mode issues. But I will spend an afternoon in the summer repairing a few others that are real tight. Chrysler should have added an inch or so to this harness.

hope this helps you out.
Sorry, for resurrecting an old thread, but... having the same issue. Do you have any photos of the wiring harness breaks you are speaking of? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is only 1 main wiring harness going into the transmission. That is where your problem likely is, especially if your van is driving normal until it pops into limp mode. I repaired the plug on mine over 100,000 clicks ago and it is still perfect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you talking about the wiring harness that plugs into the solenoid pack on the vertical transmission pan in the engine bay seen here in this video? If so... my wires (14 and 21 in the diagram in the ) tested 100%. Should I bed tested other wires as well? I am testing them about and inch to two inches back from where the wires terminate at the back of the plug. Also, mine is a 2015, do you know if this issue exists on this year as well or if they rectified it by then? Thanks for this post -- I am sure it has proven invaluable for many. This is not common knowledge and that combined with the fact that people spend a lot of $$$ and time throwing parts and labor at this car... when the problem is just a broken wire.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjsgIAeR_98

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fixing code P0755

I just got done fixing this code on a 2009 Town and Country with the 62TE. The solenoid pack is what finally fixed the problem. I did a bunch of electrical testing to try to figure out if the problem was with the computer or the solenoid pack. What finally got me on the right path was getting Amp readings using an Amp Clamp. I could see that the 2-4 solenoid was drawing much higher amperage than the other solenoids. I finally bit the bullet and got another solenoid pack. It is a lot of work to swap it out because you have to pull the valve body. But with the new solenoid pack in, the problem has yet to return and the new 2-4 solenoid only draws around 1 amp I think instead of the 6+ amps I think it was pulling before. If you do this testing, remember that only certain solenoids are energized when you are stopped, so you will want to test multiple solenoid wires if you are looking to compare amp draws.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2008 Limited with 4.0 and 62TE with 117K miles. It occasionally goes into limp mode and throws a P0755 code. 1. Has anyone just purchased a single 2/4 solenoid and done the swap? 2. Can you leave the valve body/solenoid pack on the car and simply pull the cover(s) and swap out a single solenoid? Looks like a single solenoid can be had for about $40 . . . maybe worth a shot after doing some electrical testing to narrow it down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own my own transmission shop, so I was considering that. I couldn't find a source for the internal solenoids. If you can, I think you could swap it without having to pull the valve body. It is hard to pull the front cover, so I decided to just replace the entire solenoid block assembly. It seems like this solenoid likes to fail first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
transmissionbuilder
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing