The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All 4 LCA bushes are torn and causing front end clunks. Pulling the wheel front and back shows up quite a lot of movement in the bushes, I am pretty sure the center is completely detached from the shell, and this at only 50,000 miles.
I've bought some cheap arms for now and intend to press new Moog bushes into the old arms. I see on rock auto that the front bush comes in standard and "improved" design.
Rectangle Cylinder Font Auto part Synthetic rubber
Automotive tire Camera accessory Camera lens Synthetic rubber Auto part

The original is on the left and the improved on the right. My question is, has anybody tried the improved bush and does it actually fit in the same arm, or has that been upgraded too?
The OEM part number they quote for the improved bush matches what they quote as the part number for the rear bush, but I think that's just a mistake.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that didn't go as expected. I fitted the new LCA's relatively easily, but they came with no nut for the ball joint. I thought the thread was damaged on the right side as the ball joint shaft was sticking out of the box when they arrived. The thread on the original nut got damaged. When the same thing happened on the left arm I realized that the thread was a slightly finer pitch. Had to take both arms off, dash to the dealer on a Friday afternoon for 2 new nuts ($10 dollars each plus tax), press out the new ball joints and replace them with the used ones from the old arms, and fit everything again.

I know, I know, don't buy cheap LCA's, but even the Moog arms are over $200 each here in Mexico. The dealer probably charges twice that, if their other prices are anything to go by.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts