The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - Having a hard time accessing/removing the pressure line from the power steering pump. Cannot put a wrench on it and tried a crows foot on it but still cant get the angle needed to get the thing off. Just to be funny am i going to have to pull the whole engine? got any insights on how to get this job done?

Thanks in advance for your time!

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I got my van (2010, 3.3), I had to replace all of the power steering lines.

I struggled with them for about half an hour before I remembered that I was replacing them.

Then I cut the silly things off & used deep 6-point sockets to break the connections loose.

much better... :p

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,674 Posts
I never had to replace any power steering, hose, pump or otherwise on any vehicle I've owned. See many here having problems weird.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a bad idea - I will look at that but i dont think i could even get cutters in there - the problem right now is access i dont even know if it's stuck just yet. There are a few video on earlier models access is much easier on those.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You don't need to do a neat & tidy job cutting them off... just get them out of the way to get a socket on.

If you try hard enough, you can actually just bend them back & forth at the connector & the pipe will snap off.

Just remember to dump a bunch of kitty litter on the floor first. You WILL be spilling fluid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to get back to this thread but I am having the same issue as paintballthieu10
The access is so limited that I can even stick my hand in to touch it. There must be a way to do it easier just need some pointers.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts