The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 T&C has pulled to the right after 4-5 visits to dealer. On surface roads and especially on the highway at 70 in EITHER driving lane. Dealer very helpful and even installed new set of Michelin tires however it didn't help. Will now call regional mfg rep on Monday. Anyone else experiencing this situation? Think it's a design defect?
Silver, 4.0 ltr with tow package. JB

·
Registered
228 Posts
4 liter? The last year they put the 4.0 in either the T&C or GC was 2010... 2011/12/13 all have the new Pentastar 3.6L...

Keep up us posted on the results of the MFG Rep Call!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
My 2012 model does not pull in either direction and tracks straight on all surface roads and is especially good at tracking straight on the highway. Hope you get the issue resolved.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Cross switch tire & wheel assemblies, if vehicle leads in same direction the probable cause is an alignment issue (toe, caster, camber) if vehicle leads in opposite direction probable cause is a tire(s) concern.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chronic pull to right

Correction: - Yes, I have the Pentastar 3.6 with tow package. Also, the dealer cross-switched tires before they gave me the new michelins. They align each time. Seems ok on surface roads, but not on Interstates at higher speed. I understand crowns in the road and the drift to right is stronger in the right lane, but happens in both lanes. The dealer is very accommodating, renting me vehicles, etc and are willing to fix, it's just not getting done. Hopefully, I didn't purchase a defective car. Have driven minivans since 1985 - one after another. Contacted factory rep again and will get a new app't within 2 weeks. Rep said something about the "cradle" possibly being off a millimeter or so during original build. Not familiar with that. More expensive to fix than a new set of tires or they might have done that first? Either way, we'll see what happens and I'll keep posting as more news develops. Thanks to all. JB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts