The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Touring w/133,000 in service 5/2022
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,

2012 T&C Touring with the RHR 730N headunit.

Has anyone come up with an aftermarket radio yet that allows the factory Blind Spot and Parking Assist to continue to work? Would love to get a CarPlay unit for this van but would like to have the Blind Spot and Parking Assist chimes as well.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,975 Posts
Everyone,

2012 T&C Touring with the RHR 730N headunit.

Has anyone come up with an aftermarket radio yet that allows the factory Blind Spot and Parking Assist to continue to work? Would love to get a CarPlay unit for this van but would like to have the Blind Spot and Parking Assist chimes as well.

Thanks,
John
You sure the blind spot warning chimes come from the speakers? On my 2009 caravan the blind spot audible warning comes from the instrument cluster not the factory speakers, for the park assist I'm not sure about the 2011+ vans as they no longer have the park assist display on the roof so it would make sense the parking sounds to come from the speakers. My 2009 has a display on the roof, that is the park assist beeper and buzzer.
Automotive lighting Amber Automotive parking light Font Gas

·
Registered
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Touring w/133,000 in service 5/2022
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Blind Spot Chimes seem to come from the speakers as it will shut off the audio if needed. I'll check again to be sure, but I think it's the same for the Parking Assist as well. I also have the EVIC so that is where the display for Parking Assist is shown.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,975 Posts
The Blind Spot Chimes seem to come from the speakers as it will shut off the audio if needed. I'll check again to be sure, but I think it's the same for the Parking Assist as well. I also have the EVIC so that is where the display for Parking Assist is shown.

Thanks,
John
Oh yeah it does mute the audio if you select the function, mine does that as well sorry forgot about that. I'm sure someone had figured it out, maybe crutchfield knows?

I turned those all those chimes off almost immediately. I would turn off the liftgate chime too if it was an option.
You can, the chime is in the jack storage area and can simply be unplugged like the dash speakers.
Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Trunk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts