The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2012 T&C with 69K miles. Really nice vehicle, loaded except for no navigation. It was good enough in other respects that I decided to take it.

The dealer thought maybe I could download navigation for $689, but Chrysler Uconnect website tells me there's no way to "download" the navigation to my head unit, though it does have the touch screen and seems like it's nav-capable.

I suppose it simply doesn't have the GPS radio inside, though why wouldn't they just stamp them out all the same, seems like it would be cheaper that way.

Anyway, what are my choices? Go to a Chrysler dealer and pay $800 or whatever to replace the head unit? Or maybe one of those aftermarket units I see on Ebay for $420? I'm a little leery of those Asian devices which may or may not be well made; could be buggy, unreliable, and good luck getting my money back from some exporter in Hong Kong.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
502 Posts
If you have the 2 VES monitors and Uconnect I would not buy a aftermarket chinese unit. You can swap your radio against 430N or RHR.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts