The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the leather starts and ends on a 2012 Chrysler T&C Touring? From the Chrysler LLC website, it says "leather trimmed". I have no idea what that means.

I would like to think that the entire seating areas you actually touch is leather. The backs and sides, I would not mind being vinyl or something else.

I can't tell by look or feel.

Any help greatly appreciated.

AR

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still not sure where leather ends...

OK. I get that the pinhole surface is leather. What about the out edges of the seat surface. The horizontal parts. And the seatback?

Is the whole thing leather? That would be cool, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The only portion of the seats that are leather are the small pinhole areas on the seat back and bottom. The rest is vinyl. This is a good thing because the leather on my Pacifica and my previous T&C was so paper thin that it wore through way before it should have. I ordered vinyl seats on my 2012 Ram and many people have asked how I got "leather" seats on such a base truck. The vinyl is really substantial, easy to clean and I'm sure will outlast the cloth as we are in and out of our trucks many times a day. I feel that if the entire seat on the T&C was leather, it would wear as quickly as the thin leather that wore out on my previous Chrysler products.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rather than start an entirely new thread, perhaps someone can help on these questions....

I thought all of the 3.6L engines were made in Mexico. Mine says made in USA on the window sticker. Maybe that means it's better...hmm?

Also, my T & C Touring has a 29K package. What does that include? My van has 16 inch painted aluminum wheels and BSW tires. I think 17 inchers are standard. Maybe the 16s are part of the 29K package?

I like the wheels, but I do notice them smaller than on my 2011 Dodge Caravan. I guess I have 17 envy.

Any answer greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The 3.6L Pentastar engines are produced in Trenton, Michigan and Saltillo, Mexico.

The 2012 T&C Touring (Body Code RTYP53) was built with 16" wheels & tires as standard equipment. 17" aluminum wheels were standard on the Touring-L and 17" polished aluminum standard on the Limited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts