The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
538 RWHP, LS motor, RX7 body
581 Posts
So your AC is not working but the HVAC (blower) thermostat is still attempting to compensate - is my guess. I think your AC needs fixed if you are not getting cold air.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AC works great, the blower goes from full speed to basically nothing. Front and rear which indicates that it is not likely a blower motor/resistor... What can control the fan speed...

·
Registered
2014 Chrysler Town & Country 30th Anniversary Edition. 3.6L, 211kW
410 Posts
I don’t understand. You say that it’s not reaching temp and at Lo it’s still hot but then you write that AC works great. Which one is it? If you set temp to low then at first the blower blows full speed to try lower the temp. When temp lowers the blower will quiet down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I was responding to Cciman's comment. He said that when it is on auto if it reaches the set temperature it will stop.
When the van is set to "Lo" there's no temperature so it should just constantly run on auto. When I said it is still hot, meaning inside the van.
The air blows super cold.

The blower will slow to almost nothing when set on any mode. Front and rear do the same thing so I would assume it is some kind of electronic controller telling it not to stay full speed.

·
Registered
538 RWHP, LS motor, RX7 body
581 Posts
No, I was responding to Cciman's comment. He said that when it is on auto if it reaches the set temperature it will stop.
When the van is set to "Lo" there's no temperature so it should just constantly run on auto. When I said it is still hot, meaning inside the van.
The air blows super cold.

The blower will slow to almost nothing when set on any mode. Front and rear do the same thing so I would assume it is some kind of electronic controller telling it not to stay full speed.
That's confusing.
We are on different floors talking about what we see out the windows.

Here's my logic: Set on LO + Auto mode, is telling the HVAC to go full blast, cold, since there is no set temp to reach. If set on 65F+auto, when reaches 65F, the fan speed will slow (not stop) because you have reached target temp.. Turning the fan speed knob at any time when set on Auto, bypasses auto, because you have just manually adjusted the fan - it may be "randomly" changing the fan speed itself to get itself back into Auto.
Perhaps this is not your problem, and it is a fan controller issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts