The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened about a year ago, went away, came back, then went away for about 7 months.

When one of us starts the car, the blower will only run on the lowest speed. I can feel air but not much. It will start to run faster but immediately go back to the slowest speed about every minute. After 5 minutes it will work normally, and continue to work normally even after turning the car off and restarting.

·
Super Moderator
27,919 Posts
Sounds like you solved your problem.

If a blower motor doesn't want to work sometimes, give the motor a tap with a rubber mallet to jar it into action.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It came back again but seems to be spooling up faster. The motor is only a year old or so, it has been happening intermittently for a year and recently went away for 7 months.

·
Super Moderator
27,919 Posts
Do you have a cabin filter? If so, check it out for rodent attacks/nests.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
This happened about a year ago, went away, came back, then went away for about 7 months.

When one of us starts the car, the blower will only run on the lowest speed. I can feel air but not much. It will start to run faster but immediately go back to the slowest speed about every minute. After 5 minutes it will work normally, and continue to work normally even after turning the car off and restarting.
Hi Beavis68,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Rob
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Beavis68,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Rob
Chrysler Cares

Thank you, I took it to the dealer last time but they couldn't replicate it and it didn't come back for 7 months. If I can get it to happen consistently I will.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi Beavis68,

Rob
Chrysler Cares
Thank you for this update. We understand. Feel free to keep us updated on your situation.

Rob
Chrysler Cares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts