The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The airbag light in our 2014 Grand Caravan goes on and off intermittently. It was rear-ended (submarined) by a lowered / riced out Miata a couple of years ago. The airbag and light didn't go off then. A month or so later my wife accidentally ran over a speed hump in the road at 35+ mph. The airbag light lit up then. IIRC, we turned the key on and off several times and it cleared the light temporarily. Since then, it has been coming on and going off sporadically. What seems to trigger it is taking a full lock turn in a parking lot in either direction. It makes me think that a sensor is causing it. I searched the forums and found the "corroded 4 pin connector under the seat" fix, but haven't tried it yet (see note below). I also tried the "leave the battery disconnected 2 minutes" fix and it still came back on. Is it possible to re-set the air bag module? Any other ideas / thoughts?

I ordinarily do my own work on vehicles, but I've downsized to a condo and working on cars on the premises is a no-no. I don't trust the $tealer$hip to (attempt to) do this repair, so I'm doing some research before I take it to an independent / old school garage.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Im going to say you have an intermittent issue with the clockspring that may have to be fixed . specially when you say it is triggered by fully turning the steering wheel .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking it was more sensor related as it occurred after the speed hump incident. That does make sense with the steering wheel position seemingly causing it.
Is the clockspring mechanism repairable or does it need to be replaced? If so, can a used one be installed , or just install a new one? What is a good source for a new one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any chance there is a recall or TSB for the clockspring on a 2014?
Also, any feedback for aftermarket vs OEM clocksprings? I've seen "aftermarket" parts that are OEM parts with some of the numbers scrubbed off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there, have the same problem with a 12DGC, don't think its the clockspring. DTC is driver seatbelt buckle Potentiometer in my case. Normally I just have to move the seat up and down, and the light is gone. Can be triggered on rough and/or bumpy roads. If it doesn't go out with seat movement, just wiggle the tiny little harness connector underneath the seat running to the seat buckle. Most probably just a bad connector

·
Registered
886 Posts
??????????????? It is all original OEM, nothing after sales market. It looks like, the (OEM) little (2 wire) yellow connector underneath the seat ahs a minor connectivity problem.
i was replying to the original poster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts