The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, planning to look at a semi-dead 2015 with 110,000km. The owner reports light on and leakage at the #4 cylinder.

I might take this on if I had a better idea what I'm looking at for cost and effort. Also, seeing as this would be a donation to my son, 1,000km away, it needs to be a long term fix. Thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

NOTE: Just noticed this van has rebuilt status, so my interest is drying up fast. But I'm still looking at others with this type of issue

· Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,575 Posts
"Leakage" sounds like a valve job, so the front head would need to come off. Would be best to do the rear too. $2k+ US for most shops. $700-1k in parts and machining for DIY.

· Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,575 Posts
Now that you added the bit about a rebuilt title, definitely stay away. Engine is suspect and according to the state the body is too. Unless you can get it for $1k and know what issue it got a salvaged title for and it appears to be properly fixed, I would stay away. Keep in mind insurance will often charge higher rates on rebuilt titles.

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I've lost interest in this particular van but still toying with the idea of finding one that needs engine work, fixing it and then sending it to my son, who lives in a virtually uninhabitable area(COLD!!) and hates working on vehicles.
Just for laughs, they were asking $7,800 Cdn, I might have offered 4k, if it wasn't a rebuild and everything looked good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts