The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was rear ended the other day was not a very hard hit, but since then the rear a/c has a good stream of condensate pouring out of it. I can also feel cold air coming from underneath it from what appears to be the drain where the water is flowing out. My body shop guy said this was to much for him to try to figure out, i also took it to a mechanic and he said that this was normal, but it never poured water out like this before, body shop guy thinks i am probably losing cold air that should be blowing into the vehicle, the rear a/c is still blowing cold. Anyone have any ideas on this i have looked at a few youtube videos. I am thinking about going to another shop to get a second opinion.

·
Registered
2014 Chrysler Town & Country 30th Anniversary Edition. 3.6L, 211kW
410 Posts
Puring out from it as out of the car on the ground behind the rear wheel or inside? If you’re in doubt you can always remove the rear panel and check what’s going on there. Maybe something is loose after getting a hit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Puring out from it as out of the car on the ground behind the rear wheel or inside? If you’re in doubt you can always remove the rear panel and check what’s going on there. Maybe something is loose after getting a hit.
it is pouring out the car on the ground by the rear wheel. I looked and couldn't really see anything when i removed the rear panel on the inside.

·
Super Moderator
30,138 Posts
Sounds like coolant to me. There's both ac and coolant pipes back there.

But your air conditioning evaporator could be doing double duty and forming lots of condensate.

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited 4.0
1,036 Posts
If it's hot and humid where you're at, then that might be normal. Feeling cold air outside the vehicle isn't normal though, so it might be trying to cool down the earth's atmosphere, making it work even harder. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been using it like this for a month now, just got it to body shop this week, It is definitely condensate water that is dripping, it may be working harder because of whatever is causing the cold air to leak out. I guess i will take it to another shop to get a second opinion. was trying to get some ideas. possibly a broken plastic somewhere in the ac vents letting the air escape?

·
Super Moderator
30,138 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
doing some more research i think that it is a possibility that the housing may have been damaged the images of this part look like the area you see from the bottom where the water is dripping and can feel the air.
Housing - Mopar (68261531AA)

·
Registered
538 RWHP, LS motor, RX7 body
581 Posts
No water in the AC system.

If you see water, and it is cold, it is condensate (ambient humidity condensing0. If you see water and it is smells like antifreeze, and is warm, it is coolant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts