The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some parts that need to find a new home.
door latches, handles (electric lock, no remote on this vehicle)
window electric winders
window glass
door speaker covers (w/ the clear lights)
outside rear view mirrors (electric)
woodgrain dash pieces (vents & glove box door)
right front fender (forest green w/ wood grain)
emergency brake pedal mechanism
hatch window wiper motor, complete w/ mounting plate
grill
radiator fan
alloy wheels
rear axle
windshield washer reservoir w/ motor/pump assembly
roof rack cross bars

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention some other parts:
Ignition switch assembly
Turn signal assembly
Cruise control (in steering wheel)
Heater / AC control module (switch & fan control in dash)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello From Greece.
I bought a 1991 Dodge Grand Caravan AWD a couple of years ago.
It was imported from USA from its previous owner and it was a steal but although the low mileage it was poorly serviced. :(
I'm a DIY person and most of the problems that this vehicle had i managed to fix/repair them (thanks to Rockauto parts and this forum!!!).
I collect spare parts because are difficult to find in Greece (it was never imported from Chysler/Dodge Hellas).
Neto if you still have some of the parts it would be greatly appreciated if you can ship to Greece (Athens).
I really loved this van, (despites the headaches that gave me in servicing!!!) it and i want to keep it!!! :)
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would be very interested in "hatch window wiper motor, complete w/ mounting plate," if it's still available and reasonable and working properly. How could I contact you and how much would you want for it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it did have ABS, but it was severely rusted out from all of the salt they put on the roads here, and so everything underneath was junk. (It was the rust out that made me have to let the vehicle go. Of the three MoPar minivans I have owned, this was by far my favorite, both in style & mechanical design. I currently have a 5th Gen - 2010 Dodge Caravan. I like it much better than the 2000 Chrysler Town & Country we had, but still not as much as the 93.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have the over head display and the computer [body control mod I think it's called] ? I am in Ohio too and I love my 1994 T&C . mine is down now , I need to put another fuel pump in the tank I am prettey sure now that it's warming up .

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have the over head display and the computer [body control mod I think it's called] ? I am in Ohio too and I love my 1994 T&C . mine is down now , I need to put another fuel pump in the tank I am prettey sure now that it's warming up .
Sorry - It's been quite a long while since I've been on this forum. But no, I don't have the overhead console or the computer anymore. (I sold a bunch of stuff to a guy from Virginia, who came out to Ohio to pick it up.) I do still have some parts for the 93, but would need to check any electrical parts to be sure they still work. Thank you for contacting me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have the latch for the rear sliding door? could you send me a text 2182593601 thanks!!
I apologize for not having seen your post before now. I'm just not on here much lately. Do you mean the physical latch/lock? I think I do still have it. But I'll have to get a picture of one to compare, to be sure it's the correct one. (I know I saw the contact plate for the sliding door recently - the deal that allows the door to lock when it is closed after the main lock in the left front door is set.
By the way, I think I do have all of the window glass motors, including those for the rear wing windows. But I would need to be sure that they still work. (They did when I pulled them out of the car, but I recently had a request for the rear hatch wiper motor, but when I tested it, I found that it was no longer functional.)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dug out the window mechanisms, and they both test OK. Not sure what to ask for them, as I didn't check shipping costs. (If you're close by to Holmes County, picking up would be the best, then no need to package, charge shipping, etc.) But I'll start at $25.00 each (plus shipping, or free pick up), or please make an offer if that is unreasonable. These are the original equipment, so they were used from 1993 until around 2010, when I dismantled the vehicle, unless they were replaced prior to when we purchased the vehicle in 2000.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes I am close , I am in CANTON and can come get them . how about $20 each ? you can call or texted me at 330 3165670 but if no answer leave a message and I will call you back asap. thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
yes I am close , I am in CANTON and can come get them . how about $20 each ? you can call or texted me at 330 3165670 but if no answer leave a message and I will call you back asap. thanks.
Sounds OK to me. I am in Berlin. I do still have the front door window motors as well, and also tested them today. The other window winder tried to move, but seems to be too stiff someplace. It's been too long since I drove that vehicle - where was the other window that rolled down? In the left side panel 2nd row, or in the sliding door? Also still have the left front fender, and some other stuff. I have it all up in the attic, but still need to get rid of a lot of that stuff. (I had meant to check, but I might also still have most of the glass. Had a 2000 T&C after the 93, and one day while I was in with the accountant getting my taxes done, someone somehow broke the left rear window out with a rock or something, I think flung by a mower across the street.)

I just have a flip phone, so long text messages are a bit of a chore. But I'll send a message so you have my number.
Do you have an idea of when you would want to come down here?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for the wing motors and it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you today. I eill keep your nfo in case i need parts in the future [lol, like we talked about]. If i ever decided to sell mine i will give you the first shot at it. Thaks again .

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for the wing motors and it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you today. I eill keep your nfo in case i need parts in the future [lol, like we talked about]. If i ever decided to sell mine i will give you the first shot at it. Thaks again .
Great to meet you too. And if the window winders don't work correctly under load, let me know about it. I know it's quite a job just getting to that area to replace those rear vent motors. They didn't exactly plan for you to do that, apparently. As I recall, one side was easier to access than the other, probably the right side?

(Oh, I solved the question that was puzzling me about the 5th window motor I had - it was the bad one I had replaced out of the right front door of my 2000 T&C. I sold it already some years ago, so had forgotten about it, and also didn't realize I had mixed any parts from other vehicles into the parts I have from the 93 T&C.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I will let you know one way or another but it will be a long wile untill i can get to that repair. I next have to replace cam / crank sensors but a new situation has come up so i need to find a new place to live in the next 30 days due to seller of this house renigging on our agreement. I trusted my long time friend's word but i guess i should have gotten it in writing but i keep thinking my friends [40 year friendship ] are as honest and as honorable as i try to be . This would have helped us both but in the end i found out he lied when we made and shook on the agreement. It's a shame how some will sell there honor for just a couple $'s. I wish more were like you and thank you for your honesty and may god bless you . P.s. My exfriend has lost a good deal and is wourse now then before and must start over selling it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks but all things work out for those who love god and this will too i beleave. I am looking to buy one for myself as i should have instead of trusting him even after 40 years friendship. Love of money have corruped many and they get what they deserve sooner or later. I have seen familys torn apart over splitting parents estates or leanding to family members. He is tring to say it is my fault , that i am remembering the deal wrong and i am his only friend he has left [now i know why]. What he doesn't realise is he now has none. I hope he enjoys his money because that is all he has left. I feel sorry for him more then i do for myself , i can earn more money but he can't earn more true friends. God bless us all and have a great day neto!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I tried to send you a privet message but i don't think it went through. Anyway this is working out better then i hoped and i am happy to tell you i am buying my own house and my exfriend is saying he will buy me out of this deal. I gave this problem to the big guy and he is helping fix it better then i ever could . Have a great day my friend and keep the faith !!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
7 Participants
Neto
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing