The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 99 Plymouth base model.

You said you had cast wheels that might fit...what do you think you would want for them? (you can probably find old cast wheel shipping boxes at any wheel-selling place, and they will be happy to give you as many as you might want...in my experience. That solves "how to ship"). Do you have 4 or 5? I would like to see a photo, but after I've decided whether I can afford them or not.<G>

I probably ought to go peek at the local wrecking yard. Shipping these things costs a ton!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have a 99 Plymouth base model.

You said you had cast wheels that might fit...what do you think you would want for them? (you can probably find old cast wheel shipping boxes at any wheel-selling place, and they will be happy to give you as many as you might want...in my experience. That solves "how to ship"). Do you have 4 or 5? I would like to see a photo, but after I've decided whether I can afford them or not.<G>

I probably ought to go peek at the local wrecking yard. Shipping these things costs a ton!
(I was away over the weekend, but sorry for the delay.) I have four of them. (The spare was a steel wheel.) These are 2nd gen wheels, 15". I don't recall what the offset is, but I do recall that I attempted to use one on our daughter & son-in-law's later model minivan, and it didn't rub when I mounted it, but when I started off with the vehicle, the caliper floated out enough that it scraped something fierce. (Noise wise. It just made a very small mark all the way around on the inside of the wheel). Unfortunately I cannot remember what year or generation their minivan was, but it apparently had a bit larger brakes than our 93 Chrysler did. I THINK, however, that it was a third gen., so I think you might want to be sure you get wheels from the same model run as you own van.
I imagine that you are correct about shipping costs. I will need to dig them out to take photos of each of them, unless you just wanted to see the design. (Two are still mounted on the rear axle, which I have standing on end in a corner of my garage.) I would like $25.00 each. I actually think that you could do better in a wrecking yard, unless you are close enough to pick them up. (I am located in Berlin, a small village in Holmes County, Ohio.)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
7 Participants
Neto
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing