The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one has successfully used 3.8l 2003 engine in the 2005 T&C? I have 2003 with low km and my 2005 engine failed, can I swap them?
Kalabanga.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
I going to say that I'm 99.9% sure they will be a direct swap.

·
MOPAR Parts & Service Pro
3,052 Posts
Best thing to do is call a junk/salvage yard and ask them. They have a conversion book and can tell you exactly what (if anything) will have to be changed in your engine swap.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Best thing to do is call a junk/salvage yard and ask them. They have a conversion book and can tell you exactly what (if anything) will have to be changed in your engine swap.
You can sort of have acces to the Hollander book by using car-part.com

It searches between all interchangeable cars and lists them.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I going to say that I'm 99.9% sure they will be a direct swap.
When are you going to say it? Say it! SAAAAYY IIITTTT!!!!

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'd like to add to this thread in case anyone else comes across this thread in the future.

The 2001/2003 3.3/3.8 are SPEC PCM engines and the 2004/2007 3.3/3.8 are NGC engines. That's the major computer difference. Some internal engine part differences, like the timing gears and flex plate. HP ratings are still the same.

NGC = Next Generation Computer. Still called the PCM it combined the PCM and TCM functions together in the same box, eliminating the TCM box. It's mounted forward in the driver's wheel well behind the splash shield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts