The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got this NOS new in box 3rd gen cabin air filter kit on Ebay shipped to my house today for $26 with shipping! Talk about obscure unobtainium!
Ever see one of these before? You have to take off the wiper tray to install, so probably why they discontinued selling the kit.
Mopar Part #82204434
Will probably never see another one, but I'm going to install it and breath some nice filtered air while it lasts! :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Nice score indeed! Who knew these vans even had them! Now I feel like I MUST have one too! But you grabbed the last one (even made him an offer below asking price), and now are here to rub that into our faces, tsk tsk tsk :D...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow! Obscure unobtainium is right. I'd opened up my 1998 Grand Voyager 3.8's wiper tray on several occasions and can't recall seeing these. Are they optional equipment or something for later model years? Do they fit into the openings in the firewall? Seems very elaborate for just cabin air filter. Please post pictures when you install them. Very cool.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I wasn't sure I really wanted it, was completely random that I came across it on ebay. If it is possible, I'd like to make more of them but not sure I have the time for that, plus demand was so low originally they stopped making them so chances of making any profit is probably none. Anyway in a couple weeks i will install it and post up some pics.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I checked, all there seems to be left are the flat filters, in supreme abundance.

And it keeps reminding me of a snippet from Frasier, when Frasier tells Niles he neglected to replace the pollen filter in his BMW. Niles, astonished and shocked (as a Mercedes driver himself), replies "You forgot to replace your pollen filter?" :D I guess social status has its own unique taboos, LOL

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No doubt! My wife has a 2010 Audi A4, and the maintenance schedule says change cabin air filter every 15,000 miles. Engine air filter every 50,000! I guess they want the humans to breathe better than the car!

·
Super Moderator
21,851 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, I sold my 97 before I had a chance to install these filters, so if you want them, $26 with shipping and it's yours!
Send me a message. Pay with paypal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you still have them, I'll take them! I'm too intrigued to pass them up! Just pm me with your email and Paypal address.
PM sent

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
So I ended up selling the van before getting a chance to put the filter in (seems to be the common theme). So if anyone is interested in this unused cabin filter system, please PM me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does the installation of this filter require removal of the wiper tray? It's been several years since I replaced the wiper motor or changed the spark plugs. I'm guessing the whole plastic wiper tray has to be removed to access the openings in the bulkhead?

Woof

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yes, according to the instructions, you need to remove the wiper tray assembly. As I recall, it's not all that bad - remove the wiper arms, then four nuts and the wiper tray assembly comes off.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
So I ended up selling the van before getting a chance to put the filter in (seems to be the common theme). So if anyone is interested in this unused cabin filter system, please PM me.
Whoa! Just getting this kit results in an impromptu sale of the vehicle......I'm scared now.
Maybe that's why they were discontinued?

:)

Ok, I'll take it. PM me.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,605 Posts
Whoa! Just getting this kit results in an impromptu sale of the vehicle......I'm scared now.

Ok, I'll take it. PM me.
Are you aware that this filter will only last for about a year? less if you often drive in a dusty environment. Then you may not be able to find a replacement and it will need to be tossed away.

·
Registered
131 Posts

Ok, I'll take it. PM me.
Sorry. I beat you to the punch, and am in possession of this minivan sacred idol.

If the curse strikes, I will be sure to report back to this thread.:cry:

Woofpack

1 - 20 of 33 Posts