The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, When we bought our used van it only came with the two key fobs. They only work with their batteries and of course the vehicle battery. So if the car battery is dead and it is locked up how do you get access. Also you would not be able to open the hood to replace or recharge a dead battery. I noticed the drivers side door has what appears to be a key hole, but I did not receive a key for it. Does anyone know if there was supposed to be one? How would I obtain two of them...dealer item?, or locksmith? Any info would be greatly appreciated. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Find and slide the little slider on the back. Then pull on the ring end. There's a door key hiding in it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Find and slide the little slider on the back. Then pull on the ring end. There's a door key hiding in it.
WoW! What a shocker...ha ha Thank you very much for that information and yes there is. The dealer never mentioned it and am wondering if the salesman even knew that. LOL That took a lot of worry off my mind. May you have a blessed Christmas for you and yours!!!:oops:😄😄😄

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
You too.

·
Registered
913 Posts
WoW! What a shocker...ha ha Thank you very much for that information and yes there is. The dealer never mentioned it and am wondering if the salesman even knew that. LOL That took a lot of worry off my mind. May you have a blessed Christmas for you and yours!!!:oops:😄😄😄
Most modern keys are like this . Have a 2020 Durango with pushbutton start and that is the same way if you need it . Love the active entry in the Durango where if the fob is in your pocket all you have to do is touch the door handle and it unlocks the doors .

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Our vans are the same, when so equipped.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,410 Posts
I asked the same question a few years ago when we had our 5th gen. Helpful folks here!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts