The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I currently own a 2007 T&C with over 300k on it. I am looking at used 5th gen T&C. What should I be on the lookout for when buying a 5th gen T&C.
Thanks for your time and help
Erik

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low miles and spotless maintenance schedule (in the carfax report) IMO. Tranny fell out of my last one at 127K because neither I or previous owner did the recommended 30/60/90/etc maintenance. Won't make that mistake twice.
Thanks for the info. What are the recommended items to be serviced at those intervals?
Erik

·
Registered
168 Posts
Look for oxidation on the front hood edge. Not much you can do about it except use it as a bargaining item. Pacificas oxidize on the front hood edge also.

My '16 got a new transmission under warranty at 40k miles. The only symptom was some funny shifting BUT there was a fluid leak caused by a bad front bearing and seal and shrapnel from the bearing trashed the trans. So make sure the engine and trans are bone dry underneath.

Also listen for engine ticking with the 3.6.

If you can buy something with a remaining extended warranty that can be transferred that would be great.

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts
What year, model and mileage are you looking for? It makes a difference. 10 Considerations follow:

engine? (3.3L, 3.8L, 3.6L, ticking 3.6L)
transmission? (41TE, 62TE)
brakes? (standard or HD)
plastic parts (coolant/heating and oil leaks)
condition of tires/suspension/brakes (uneven wear/noise)
engine maintenance (oil/filter changes/what was used)
transmission maintenance (fluid/filter changes/what was used)
maintenance records in general (well maintained/as it breaks)
overall condition (pristine or beat up)
warranty

The following site provides information on problems, some of which may have been fixed over the years. Also check for Recalls and Class Actions.

Reactions: Long_Voyager94

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What year, model and mileage are you looking for? It makes a difference. 10 Considerations follow:

engine? (3.3L, 3.8L, 3.6L, ticking 3.6L)
transmission? (41TE, 62TE)
brakes? (standard or HD)
plastic parts (coolant/heating and oil leaks)
condition of tires/suspension/brakes (uneven wear/noise)
engine maintenance (oil/filter changes/what was used)
transmission maintenance (fluid/filter changes/what was used)
maintenance records in general (well maintained/as it breaks)
overall condition (pristine or beat up)
warranty

The following site provides information on problems, some of which may have been fixed over the years. Also check for Recalls and Class Actions.

Right now I am looking at a 2008

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts