The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone with a 5th gen van has installed a Dashmat?

I'm thinking about getting one for my van and I'd like to see how it looks. I've used them in other vehicles with good results. I really don't need it for sun protection, mostly I just want to cover the black dash so it doesn't show dust 5 seconds after I wipe it off!

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hmmm... Googled it - not sure what having a shag rug on your dash does?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I spent time in Australia. In would say 40% of the cars have them. **** Target has a whole section in automotive for them. My Mate in Sydney says they stop sun glair on dash and cool down the car. They look less shag and more like deck carpet

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, they are nowhere near being shag! If I was doing shag, I would do it right and shag the walls and ceiling too! Then replace the back windows with porthole widows. Full 70s baby!!! Lol

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
69 Posts
I put one on a GMC pickup once to keep the sun from cracking the dash pad more than it already had. Like said above, more like the floor carpet.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mats are available in other materials too. They have a suede also but I'm not sure about that.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good point! The carpet might hold up better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.