The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I’ve got a 89’ voyager SE turbo. The wipers work all the time..and all intermittent settings increase the speed (controlled by the barrel switch on wiper stalk) but, at its fastest it’s slower than molasses. Like maybe low-medium in a normal car.

Are there any relays I can check? Where are they located? Or is the speed control integrated in the wiper motor?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I changed the wiper motor and no different. It is still slow all round.
Thoughts m?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Woot figured it out! I ended up with a new turn signal stalk, I rewired it and it works plenty fast now! ;)
Cool. I just caught your posting and was going to offer up the same conclusion. I had an 84 with that issue. Glad you found a part! That generation is like ancient. :p

Question, after all these years, is the turbo still going? That would be incredible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This Van is Amazing and clean. EVERYTHING works 100%. Body is Uber clean and pretty. That turbo pumps out some great boost and is quick. I’ll post a video soon.

·
Registered
663 Posts
This Van is Amazing and clean. EVERYTHING works 100%. Body is Uber clean and pretty. That turbo pumps out some great boost and is quick. I’ll post a video soon.
SWEET. It's a keeper then. Classic, yet in great shape. Amazing the turbo is still going strong after all these years. Some of the K-cars, Laser, Daytona's and the like are already dead or on their 3rd replacement.

There is a guy on the forums here named Town&CountryMan123 looking for a van just like yours.

·
Registered
663 Posts
WOW. That van is in super condition. It's a keeper really.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts