The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me here? I replaced the ECU on my Grand Voyager LE 3.3 and now it will not start at all, or turn over even. Someone told me the computer needs to be flashed. Can I do this myself with a PC? Or is it something a shop has to do?
The reason I replaced it was because the charging system was only outputting about 11 volts and alternator checked out fine, and engine was running rough like it was missing on a cylinder.

If a shop has to do this, could I replace ECU with old one and drive it to a shop, and then in their parking lot replace it with new one again?

Tim

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can anyone help me here? I replaced the ECU on my Grand Voyager LE 3.3 and now it will not start at all, or turn over even. Someone told me the computer needs to be flashed. Can I do this myself with a PC? Or is it something a shop has to do?
The reason I replaced it was because the charging system was only outputting about 11 volts and alternator checked out fine, and engine was running rough like it was missing on a cylinder.

If a shop has to do this, could I replace ECU with old one and drive it to a shop, and then in their parking lot replace it with new one again?

Tim
Maybe the 92 is different (I doubt it) but the replacement should be plug-and-play, unless it's bad. I plugged mine in from a junkyard and didn't have to do anything. That was for a '95. I'd make sure all connections are good, like, were the battery cables reconnected? What happens if you plug the old one in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am about to put in the old one again, but before I do that,
I'll see if everything is hooked up right again.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Changes were made in 92 to the CCD (bus system) and along with changes to the TCM make the 92 TCM unique to that year. The same may apply to the PCM too. Best bet is get a PCM from a 92 3.3L. Just my $0.02.

FredB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts