The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5000 Club
5,726 Posts
Maybe. 6 months after I bought my new 96 GC the dealer changed the wiper switch. As I pulled it back on the street the wipers cycled again. I gave it right back to them. They changed the Body Control Module better known as the BCM and all was well for a year then they started again. I've been living with it for 14 years though these last few years they cycle far less. Dealer said it is a toss up as to which to change. From reading forums for years that has proven true. I've read of both parts fixing ghost wipers.

·
Banned
46 Posts
This is a notorious problem. Sometimes its the switch or bcm and even the motor can cause these issues. I had a van that had gave me fits. 3 BCM's later and 2 switches it finally worked right.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I had the same problem......with mine it was not the switch but the wiper motor itself. The auto park system in the wiper motor fails and the wipers go nuts. A new Dorman motor off Amazon can be had for $54.18 shipped.

·
Man. Mopar. Minivan.
3,895 Posts
I had the same problem......with mine it was not the switch but the wiper motor itself. The auto park system in the wiper motor fails and the wipers go nuts. A new Dorman motor off Amazon can be had for $54.18 shipped.
Hah. I just replaced mine a couple weekends ago too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts