The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager 3.3
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Working on a '97 Plymouth 3.3. After trying to diag a intermittent stalling issue, found that engine struggles to rev past 2-2500rpm or so. Hard to tell rpm, gauge cluster does not work.

Engine has a hard time revving in park, and seems to have a loss of power when driving up hills and such. It almost feels like something is clogged, or stuck. Like there is a restriction. Engine/exhaust will reek of fuel while revving engine. I will get backfiring out of TB.

Van has a K&N replacement air filter, have not cleaned it in some time. I do not feel that is the issue, though.

I do not have any codes, hard to tell if this is MAP or TPS, or a stuck/clogged EGR thing.

Now, the weird revving and slight power loss does not bother me too much, this is a beater van. But I can't help but to wonder if the reason for the odd revving, has something to do with my intermittent stalling.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
The oil from the K&N can put a light oil film on your sensors...doesn't sound like the issue though. How does it run with the air filter temporarily out?
Aside from something simple like above...you'll have to check compression, spark plugs, and cables.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts