The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the lights on my 98 grand voyager heater control module blink most times the car is on.It is always blinking when the vehicle is first turned on,but some times after a while the light will go off(Most times not).The mechanic said the control was bad but he mislead me before so my faith is shaken.It works fine but i would like to fix this before it becomes a problem.

·
youtube.com/sideburns2009
2,926 Posts
the lights on my 98 grand voyager heater control module blink most times the car is on.It is always blinking when the vehicle is first turned on,but some times after a while the light will go off(Most times not).The mechanic said the control was bad but he mislead me before so my faith is shaken.It works fine but i would like to fix this before it becomes a problem.
I think this is caused when the battery is unhooked without all the A/C controls being in their original position(fan off, temp on cool, direction on face, ETC.) and uncalibrates it but there is a test a reset procedure to try to fix it. Here i the link that to the tests and reset procedures that I find most helpful. Let me know if it helps or fixes it. http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1i/bl667i.htm but here is another if you want it.http://en.allexperts.com/q/Dodge-Repair-809/Blinking-lights-panel-C.htm I had to do this procedure on a 1996 grand voyager and it fixed it right up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the same problem, I have performed the tests mentioned above numerous times to no avail. After 20 minutes or so the lights will go out until the next key cycle and they start flashing again. Everything works fine so I have learned to just ignore it, however it is rather annoying.

·
5000 Club
5,758 Posts
If you perform the test and your A/C doesn't work, the lights will flash till the A/C is fixed.

·
2,926 Posts
I have the same problem, I have performed the tests mentioned above numerous times to no avail. After 20 minutes or so the lights will go out until the next key cycle and they start flashing again. Everything works fine so I have learned to just ignore it, however it is rather annoying.
Well the blinking is telling you a trouble code and you can look them up to find out whats wrong. They only come back on if something is wrong.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok i did the test and the only light that blinks is the "Rear Wipe" button,but when i press it to exit the test all the lights just start flashing again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mechanic told me to replace the entire module but i dont want to unless i absolutly have to.

·
2,926 Posts
Ok i did the test and the only light that blinks is the "Rear Wipe" button,but when i press it to exit the test all the lights just start flashing again.
Ok. I believe that means that it failed the calibration diagnostics. See if this site helps (by the way allpar.com is a great site) http://www.allpar.com/fix/codes-climate.html and red Alternative #1 and #2.
Certain lights flash in certain methods to tell you what is wrong and you can look it up on their chart.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok i did the alternatives and its the same result as last time,The button at the top will continually blink,then when i go to end the cycle all the lights wil blink again.Does this means it needs to be replaced?

·
Registered
225 Posts
well for a start is your air conditionning system is working or not ?

if not you will always faill the test

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
5000 Club
5,758 Posts
If you've tried the following and nothing works then as far as I know the only alternative is to change the climate control panel. I've read you can get them cheap off EBay.

Ensure A/C is working
Numerous calibration/test applications
Heat interior of van before performing calibration/test
Disconnect battery for several minutes
Inspect climate control panel connector contacts for bent/pushed pins, corrosion

1 - 15 of 15 Posts