The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fuel sender appears to be failing and I believe the pump is not original. Has anyone replaced just the sender, not pump assembly? Fuel gauge drops to 1/3 tank and sometimes all the way to empty and sometimes back up to where it should be.

Question is...I can purchase an OEM sender form chrysler but I wonder if the pump is aftermarket will the sender fit? Are aftermarket pumps clones of original equipment?

Related info, for some reason the interior switches for door locks just became intermittent around the same time. Remote door locks work fine. Are they electrically related?

·
Registered
11 Posts
you have to remove the fuel pump anyway so buy a new fuel pump.i just bought a fuel pump from rock auto and installed it.around 100 dollars plus tax and shipping.make sure to order the fuel filter at the same time.by replacing the filter all the 'rubber' fuel lines under the van are replaced.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was considering a new pump but I have since discovered the true problem with the fuel gauge and it's a huge can of worms. I believe the BCM is failing and this can get tricky. I will be starting another thread. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts