The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm here to seek for help with the two of my minivans.

So I've got two issues with two different cars. I'll describe my issue with Bendix electronic brake booster in separate thread, this one is about '95 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.8 AWD. It was made in Graz, Austria, but otherwise is pretty much the same as what you know as Dodge GC or Chrysler T&C.

Here's to that problem finally:
When I start cold engine and put the shifting lever into D or R, nothing really happens right away, not even when revving the engine. It takes couple of seconds of very slow movement before it finally kicks in. And it also starts making this funny grinding, whinning noise. The noise stays there when driving, but once the thing gets a bit warm it shifts easily as if nothing ever was wrong.

I suppose this could have something to do with the ATF pump, but how do I tell for sure? Can I hook up a gauge somewhere to take few pressure readings? And if so, what values am I looking for?

Thanks in advance and good luck to you all!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Stinovlas - there are pressure taps right below the solenoid pack to screw a gauge into. You can pick up an inexpensive FSM from eBay that gives the specs. Also I would want to know if you have ever serviced the fluid/filter.

MT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts