The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
van.jpg

Car looks good, only when I got it back after a month the ABS light was on and the fuel gauge didn't work (and the fuel light is on, despite tank being full). Any ideas what these dumbasses disconnected before I have to go digging through my wiring diagrams It's a 1995 Grand Caravan Sport Wagon.

I know, Maaco sucks, especially the one at 5100 Atlantic Avenue in Raleigh owned by Dwight, who makes Kanye West look humble -- but I got a paint job on trade from these douchebags -- who won't admit they had anything to do with the problems. So I can either go through weeks of aggravation trying to get them to fix it, or just take an hour and do it myself with your help. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
The gauge and fuel light has to do with the wire from the tank to the computer being damaged. I would guess that an ABS wire may be in the same wiring harness under the van and may be damaged in a similar area as well. You have to do some investigating looking for broken or shorted wires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I traced the wiring from the fuel pump back to the cab and found that those S.O.B.s had actually DRILLED THROUGH my wiring harness. That would explain the myriad electrical problems. Nothing like good ol' hands-on exploration sometimes.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,229 Posts
Holy wiring harness! Glad you found it. Sadly, this isn't the first time I've heard of MAACO ruining a vehicle. I wonder why they even had to drill something if they were only painting it? Well, you have your work "cut out" for you there. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts