The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my filter-drier and expansion valve. The expansion valve came with new gaskets, but the filter-drier did not. What is the part number or after market part number/source of the filter-drier gaskets?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not an O-ring. Attached is a page from the 1994 Caravan Service Manual and it shows the gasket as being rectangular. I just found a thin rubber fragment with a hole on my driveway near where I'm working. The fragment might be the gasket. The rubber is about the thickness of a bicycle tire tube. The wear on the old filter-drier suggests the gasket was oblong (the area not rusty in the photo) like the expansion valve gaskets, but that just may be an impression from protrusions on the refrigerant line plates.
Caravan AC gaskets.jpg
Caravan AC gaskets.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The link worked but AutoZone said that the $20 kit MT2726 didn't fit my vehicle, but the $11 MT2503 kit did fit. I'm going by AutoZone within the hour and will order one. In a week I'll get reply about the kit.

Sorry for the posting of three images from the Service Manual. I don't know how that happened, as it didn't show on the preview, and I couldn't edit my posting after I sent it.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,311 Posts
If you have Oreilly near by, try it fitst, they often have many different kits in stock, they might be able to sell you just that one gasket. Take the drier with you.

I sent link as a sample so you can see they are available.

You can still remove that one extra picture if you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
LEVY
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing