The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I got a auto-dim mirror for my Grand Caravan 2013 SE. This is now my vacation road trip car and I wanted to improve driver comfort and features. The van is in good shape and just got to 100k mainly highway miles.

The part number I got is 55157457AC. The vehicule was never equipped with it. I have not dissambled anything yet as I have several upgrades to install in the van (including auto headlights, fog lights, EVIC). I want to make sure I have what is required before opening the dash as it seems like it is a relatively easy but very time consuming job.

I searched for nearly a week and it seems that I need to connect a harness between the mirror and a connector near the ebrake pedal. I cannot find the harness part number ANYWHERE on all the posts, exploded diagrams, websites, etc. I read about that equipement being installed on a vehicle without one.

Can someone confirm that I need an extra cable/harness as I understand to connect the auto-dim mirror?

Can anyone provide me with the part number?

Thanks!

· Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,985 Posts
Yeah there was a reason I left out the part number, I couldn't find it either!

I did fine one harness for the auto mirror, however this one has SAT, and also dual blu-ray system so it has the RCA jacks and the HDMI cable.
68067795AE

What EVIC cluster did you get, the 3 pod or the T&C version?

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah there was a reason I left out the part number, I couldn't find it either!

I did fine one harness for the auto mirror, however this one has SAT, and also dual blu-ray system so it has the RCA jacks and the HDMI cable.
68067795AE

What EVIC cluster did you get, the 3 pod or the T&C version?
About the EVIC, other than the screen in the middle, it is identical to the one currently in my 2013 DGC. It came out of a 2018 model.

I did installed an aftermarket radio that has RCA and HDMI output. Maybe it would be wroth it to get that cable. I don't have the entertainment system but I guess it could be installed.

· Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,985 Posts
About the EVIC, other than the screen in the middle, it is identical to the one currently in my 2013 DGC. It came out of a 2018 model.

I did installed an aftermarket radio that has RCA and HDMI output. Maybe it would be wroth it to get that cable. I don't have the entertainment system but I guess it could be installed.
Ah, didn't catch the year and thought it was an early 5'th gen (08-10). The one in my van with 3 tunnels and evic is very rare, way more common on 2011+ vans.

The HDMI cable runs from the 2'nd row screen to the C-pillar, it's only for the overhead screen entertainment. The system is called blu-ray and replaced the previous regular system, with higher resolutions screens and a black background instead of blue plus the addition of the HDMI port. Anything Caravan/Town&Country 2013 or newer will have the blu-ray screen(s) if it came with a screen system from factory. the pre 2013 screens will not have the plug for the port on the screen

· Registered
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Touring w/133,000 in service 5/2022
68 Posts
Here is some info:

Genuine Mopar Uconnect Radio Wiring Kit
Part Number: 82211868

Shows how to add the Dual Microphone Mirror Wiring Kit

John

Attachments

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Done and done. Tested and working. Big THANKS to Michalb for the assistance to find the harness.

Now I have a question. There is something that looks like a camera attached on the back of the mirror. Is that for auto highbeam? Can I just enable it with alphaobd and it would work?

· Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,985 Posts
Done and done. Tested and working. Big THANKS to michalb for the assistance.

Now I have a question. There is something that looks like a camera attached on the back of the mirror. Is that for auto highbeam? Can I just enable it with alphaobd and it would work?
Yeah it is for the auto high beams, and it won't work until you run a pair of CAN bus wires to the mirror itself. (should have asked me for the can bus version :( )

You could de-pin 2 of the mike wires to the auto mirror and re-assign them to the CAN + and CAN - then tap in those 2 wires to CAN + and CAN - anywhere in the system. But I can almost guarantee the CAN wires are not present in the connector by the E-brake for the auto mirror anyway, which is present on the few highest end wiring harnesses so you'd have to tap and run wires anyway.

Once you do get the CAN hooked up to the mirror, you will need to enable the feature with programming and then you will also need to do a calibration, which requires a special tool you place in front of the van. I have mine connected but need to do a proper calibration, the green LED will flash consistently until it's calibrated. Works decently apart from shutting off when large signs are around (likely the calibration issue)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts