The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
hey, call it ridiculous or not, you find yourself on a dark road on a moonless night and that stuff is really nice, you won't be disappointed

·
3rd gen > all others
4,325 Posts
Yeah, but the lights on the hood are illegal for road use. Lights can't be over 30" high from road surface. You are only allowed 4 lights on at a time (headlights+fogs, headlights+driving lights) so the additional pair on the hood would have to be turned off. Off-road, anything goes (which might be the intended purpose if you use your van for camping). I just have a problem with the light bars people use, as they don't have focused light and blind everyone - especially when mounted high!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, but the lights on the hood are illegal for road use. Lights can't be over 30" high from road surface. You are only allowed 4 lights on at a time (headlights+fogs, headlights+driving lights) so the additional pair on the hood would have to be turned off. Off-road, anything goes (which might be the intended purpose if you use your van for camping). I just have a problem with the light bars people use, as they don't have focused light and blind everyone - especially when mounted high!
I don't use em on road. I hate when people do. **** I hate most factory LED headlights for that matter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
love it i need the same for pitch back country roads that are basically off road

tell me about the wiring ..

was just thinking about it
Simple really, just bought a pre-fab harness at Walmart for $20. Comes with switch, fuse holder, relay and the battery ends are already made up with loop connectors. It's set up for two lights, so I just tapped one side for power for the other two lights. I'm an electrician by trade, but I did it the laziest way possible!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Simple really, just bought a pre-fab harness at Walmart for $20. Comes with switch, fuse holder, relay and the battery ends are already made up with loop connectors. It's set up for two lights, so I just tapped one side for power for the other two lights. I'm an electrician by trade, but I did it the laziest way possible!
Lazy or easiest way possible lol .. I am IT admin I hear that.. just because your tech doesn’t mean you want to be a tech on your own stuff .. I will check thosd kits out. are on the trailer section?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts