The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
A car without the sales code XBM has normally a WIN without the antenna connector. I can not say why you have a connector for the antenna if you car dont have remote start. But if so then it is great, because you can add the antenna. Maybe the WIN was changed or parts wasnt available at production date.

The software for remote start, rain sensor, passive entry and keyless go is in every WIN, but this options are deactivated at a LX and Touring. With the right equipment ist possible to activate These options. I have done this all.

Steffen

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks. I have an S trim T&C. I had to take my van into the dealer tonight as I had an issue with the TPMS in my passenger rear tire and asked them to activate the remote start in my car. I even offered them the instructions that I printed out from here. When my car was finally done and $70 later I got in and checked the EVIC for the remote start functions. Guess what, nothing there. I walked back in and asked where the options for remote start were and the technician looked at me like I had a third eye. He then asks me what options I thought I would get and I replied at least run time. His response was that the driver's display was a dummy diplay and doesn't show this information. I've already had a frustrating day so I walked out and will take it back in to have them make this right. Do you have any suggestions I can provide the next technician I deal with?

Also, I can't seem to thread the screw that holds the hood ajar switch bracket into the van. Did you have any issues with that?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
What for a dummy display? If the dealer added the sales code XBM to your VIN and have done "restore vehicle configuration" then is in the system menu of your EVIC the entry "Remote Start Comfort Sys". If there is no entry in your EVIC then your dealer dont added the sales code XBM or he has'nt startet "restore vehicle configuration". If you see the EVIC entry but dont work, than ether the hood switch is not installed or the dealer has not startet "Reset WCM Configuration" under "Misc Function" of the WCM. For "Reset WCM Configuration" he must have your 4-digit Vehicle Pin. If he can not say this PIN he has not startet the function...

The hood switch has only one mounting screw. Look there with all instruction in short form http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sh...Code-XBM)-to-my-Touring?p=1220802#post1220802

Steffen

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Why. You will activate a Chrysler function. The most is programming (with a official sales code). The hood switch is an original mopar part. You can modify your FOBIK for the remote start button or better buy a new FOBIK case (20$)

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is why I said hypothetically. That being said, doesn't the module you can get that remote starts the van by pressing the lock 3 times not use a hood switch? I would think that is more dangerous than having a van with a specific button without a hood switch.

Yes, that is all. The range is not that great, as has been mentioned on this thread, but it's good enough for what I need it for.
What would you say the range is?

Since you are near me where did you purchase the hood switch and FOBIKs? I'm seriously considering this if I can figure it out.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The range is the same how your FOBIK can open your car. The service manual says without antenna 20m/66Foot and with antenna is the range 91m/300Foot

You will find the hood switch on ebay or every online dealer. the list price for partnumber 5026277AE is at the Moment $49,50. Here is a sample for online price. http://www.factorymoparparts.net/oe-mopar/5026277ae

·
Registered
47 Posts
jstforefn,

I have factory remote start but no seat or steering heaters. the Remote Start Comfort Sys is not listed in my EVIC but my remote start works as expected.

Maybe this only applies if you have those added heater features.

Joe

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Steffen.m, do you have the detailed instructions for how to set this up in the computer written in english? I took the van back to the dealer and they told me they performed all the programming steps listed in the official Mopar instructions but couldn't continue due to the system telling them the van needed a compatible WIN module and antenna.

I do have the Fortin Evo All remote start which bypasses the WIN module. Would they not be able to program it with that in the way? I didn't even think about removing it until after I stormed out of the dealership pissed.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
https://mopar.chromedata.com/RichContent/CDJR/K6861201.pdf

The parts catalog says that an additional antenna and a win module with antenna connector is necessary. But the programming have nothing to do with that. Witech dont check if the right WCM and antenna is in the car! If the sales code is added, the new vehicle configuration was downloaded into the car, the hood ajar switch is mounted and the WCM configuration was resettet (Attention: not a reset of the wcm module, a reset of the wcm ecu configuration under misc function of the wcm is necessary) then have the dealer all steps done. After this you fobik must modified (remote start button). Then your remote start will work. 100%.

Steffen

·
Registered
62 Posts
Will this work on the 2008?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does that mean a warning chime, light or message will always appear on my dash? Can I just add the antennae to my current WIN node or do I need to change the WIN node as well?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
No warning chime or visible messages. The DTC comes on win modules with external antenna if the external antenna is not connected. You cannot add a external antenna to a WIN without factory remote start because These WINs don't have the SMA-Connector. If you need a higher range (up to 90 meters), then you have to change the WIN and add the external antenna

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Will this work on the 2008?
yes, will also works on all RT. Hood ajar switch is necessary. If you don't want modify your 2 old FOBIKs then you will find new unprogrammed 7 Button FOBIKs for 25$ on aliexpress.com, shipping costs included. You can program the new FOBIK without a dealer (needs 2 old FOBIKs from your car).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just an update. My recall was taken care of on my 2008 Chrysler Town and Country WIN module so I have the newer improved one that hold the key FOBIK in better and doesn't let it switch to acc while driving. But mine was never a remote start van. So I am adding OEM remote start and tomorrow taking it to the Stealership so they can unlock Sales code XBM. I am not one to do someone to do something half way but I also question sometimes why oem does some of the stuff they do. SOooo I felt brody and added the extended range antenna connector to my WIN module. It is an FAKRA male, right angle "H" code amphenol connector. I took the "feet" on it and ground them down some, and the connector and ground it down some too. The whole in the WIN module had to be modified to reverse solder this thing in so I could solder it in with everything together. I took the back off my WIN module careful NOT to remove the board as that tents to break those hair thin antenna wires to the actual FOB reader. I soldered the amphenol connector in and got a good tone at least to where it is soldered and with no ill effects on the WIN module. So tomorrow when we unlock it, I guess we will see if it really does extend the range since I got a used extended range antenna from the junk yard of the same one I got my hood switch and connector from. My FOBIKs I just changed the "skin" or rubber to, over to ones with the remote start switch. Clicks good we'll see tomorrow. Will post an update if these WIN modules are hackable to make them remote start (WITH EXTENDED RANGE) ready. BTW as a disclaimer this is informational ONLY I take NO responsiblity if you jack up your own WIN module, I hacked mine knowing the possible consequences.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you NEED new FOBIKs or is a new "skin" with the buttons enough? All the FOBIKs have that 7th button but the skins dont have a contactor under it unless you change the skin to it?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
New skin is enough, no new keys are necessary.

But the dealer must add XBM in the right way. Its not only to add XBM to your vin and download in your car. The dealer MUST go in the module WCM -> Misc. Options -> Reset WIN configuration after download the new vehicle configuration. He needs the 4-digit vehicle pin to do this.

And You must add the Hood ajar Switch to your car. Without this Switch, Remote start does'nt works.

41 - 60 of 184 Posts