The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
No problem.

It does not make sense to open the door without a key, but you have to get it out to start.

Do you have a printed manual? If not you can download a manual from Lancia homepage (PDF)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not sure why the VW dealers in my state are so difficult. I called my local VW dealer regarding the add of the sales code XBM to my vin and they insist that they will charge 2 hours labor for the add!

I just got off the phone with the next closest VW dealer that is 90 miles away and they went around with me insisting that if the vehicle didn't have the remote start from the factory then its not able to be added. I tried to explain it from a different angle regarding adding the sales code for the second DVD screen sales and they also state that it can't be added, which is obviously not true.

To even consider going down this road further the service advisor wants me to call the parts department with my vin number to confirm that there are remote start parts available for my 12 Routan. I can do that, but I get the feeling its going to take more than confirmation of the option to convince them to attempt to add the sales code.

Are there any recommendations on how to approach this with the service department before I give up on VW all together and go after market? I really don't want to have to carry two fobs around just to have remote start added. It's cold now and the wife is getting annoyed with having to wait on getting the remote start installed because I want the factory option.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
All RTs from 08 to 18+ are remote start capable

This is a ten minute job with CDA (activating Hood ajar switch and remote start present) and Witech (reset WCM Konfiguration) at home. A dealer needs a little bit more time, because he must add XBM to the VIN and should wait round About 30 minutes. Next step is downlad thw new Vehicle configuration to your car. After this its necessary to reset WCM configuration. Many Dealers doing this wrong. Ist not meant to reset the WCM module! The dealer must go in the module WCM. The tab Misc configurations has a Routine "Reset WCM configuration". This must called. With this Routine the WCM module checks the TIPM configuration and learns that remote start is present. Dealer needs the Vehicle pin for this. But he know this then the Vehicle pin is necessary for adding Sales Options to the VIN. a good dealer checks now the present of the remote start in the WCM configuration. The entry remote start should have the value "True" and not "False".

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
A little correction. The tab in the module WCM has the name "Misc. Functions". I wrote "Misc. Configurations".

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm not sure why the VW dealers in my state are so difficult. I called my local VW dealer regarding the add of the sales code XBM to my vin and they insist that they will charge 2 hours labor for the add!

I just got off the phone with the next closest VW dealer that is 90 miles away and they went around with me insisting that if the vehicle didn't have the remote start from the factory then its not able to be added. I tried to explain it from a different angle regarding adding the sales code for the second DVD screen sales and they also state that it can't be added, which is obviously not true.

To even consider going down this road further the service advisor wants me to call the parts department with my vin number to confirm that there are remote start parts available for my 12 Routan. I can do that, but I get the feeling its going to take more than confirmation of the option to convince them to attempt to add the sales code.

Are there any recommendations on how to approach this with the service department before I give up on VW all together and go after market? I really don't want to have to carry two fobs around just to have remote start added. It's cold now and the wife is getting annoyed with having to wait on getting the remote start installed because I want the factory option.
Try go to Chrysler dealer, maybe they will be better help. In my case I was dealing with Chrysler service, but my car is not a Chrysler.
Lancia service was not very helpfull in this case.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Try go to Chrysler dealer, maybe they will be better help. In my case I was dealing with Chrysler service, but my car is not a Chrysler.
Lancia service was not very helpfull in this case.
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately VW has a lock on the VIN and they are able to add sales codes with their scanner. I tried it with my 2009 when after installing the RES and had to take it to VW. I really wish that was not the case.

·
Registered
145 Posts
buy the right equippment and add all what you want to your car without any dealer.
What do you mean the right equipment? Even if I got a hold of a scanner I wouldn't have the dealer codes/pins to access the VIN. Are you suggesting the computers etc. from a wrecked vehicle that already has the sales codes in activated?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
You can activate all available sales code without the help of a dealer because its not important if the VIN of a car has these sales codes or not. For the function of a sales code the right programming of the TIPM and WCM is necessary.

A dealer coukld activate a smart part of the available sales code if the hardware was added by the customer (remote start XBM, Blind Spot Detection XAN, Tire Pressure Monitor XGM, Heated Font Seats JPM, Vehicle Theft Alarm LSA, Mirrors with Turn Signals LEB, Park Assist Rear XAA, 2nd Row and 3rd row screen RF1,2, DVD Player RD9) . But a dealer can not add the memory seat, passiver antry and keyless go, rain sensor, smart beam, h.i.d., power folding mirrors, infinity sound system, automatic headlamp leveling, headlamp washers, power folding 3rd row seats, DRL, Rear Fog lamps and so on. But I added this all at home with my scan tool and the right software.

·
Registered
145 Posts
And this would work with the VW? I initially took my Routan to Chrysler and they said they couldn't access the functions. Were they doing something different or will I run into the same road block with the clone?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Routan is a Town & Country or Grand Caravan with body and interior modification. electronic modules, engoine and so on is the same. With VCI Pod + CDA you can doing more than all Dealers. So its possible to add keyless Go or SmartBeam which was not available in your model year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, what an awesome thread! Steffen, do you have a recommended programmer/software for home use? I have plenty of changing on ford applications with an ELM and various software and want the capability for my t&c, is the "VCI Pod Clone with Witech and CDA " the way to go? Do i need dealer login to websites?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
132 Posts
you can use "appcardiag fca" v1.6 and an ELM327 (OBDlink or vgate). No dealer is necessary
Do you happen to know where the hood adjar sensor is located? (I have a 09 GCV SE without remote start) and I cannot find where it is or what it looks like, also, where would the wires be if I don't have the sensor? I wasn't able to find anything on locating it.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts