The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
The switch is mounted between TIPM and right fender. The 2-way wiring housing to connect thie hood ajar switch to the TIPM should be in the wiring harness below the TIPM.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Activating hood ajar switch:
Programming --> TIPM Configurable Inputs --> Run --> Next --> Reconfigurable Input 2 --> Value Hood Ajar Switch --> Next --> Next

Activating Remote Start in WCM
Programming --> Vehicle Configuration 1 --> Run --> Next --> Remote Start --> Value Set --> Next -- Next

If you dont know your 4-Digit Vehicle Pin
Diagnostics --> Mark WCM --> Run Diagnostics --> Tab Routines --> Mark Read PIN Code --> Run --> Next --> Read the listet 4-Digit Pin Code

If you need to program a new FOB with Remote Start button:
Diagnostics --> Mark WCM --> Run Diagnostics --> Tab Routines --> Mark Program Ignition Keys or Key FOBs --> Run --> Next --> Next --> Enter 4-Digit Vehicle Pin Code --> Next

RESET Win Configuration:
Diagnostics --> Mark WCM --> Run Diagnostics --> Tab Routines --> Mark Reset Win Configuration --> Run --> Next --> Enter the 4-Digit Vehicle Pin Code --> Next

Ignition off, then drive a mile, lock the car, check

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
software appcardiag fca and a ELM327 dongle. Tested devices are listed on the appcar website. I use an obdlink mx

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
182 Posts
I know nothing about good brands for ODB2 dongles. I'd be using this with an old Lenovo Windows 7 Pro 64bit laptop I keep around for weird projects (Like this), no Bluetooth, what ODB2 dongle with USB would you suggest?

I love that laptop, it's not much bigger than a Chromebook.

The software looks inexpensive enough.

I will likely start in on this in April or May (When the weather's warmer). Since I can't get under the hood I'll have to have a friend of mine wire in the hood switch and attach it.

I'm not concerned with adding the additional antenna since I'd be using remote start from home where my van would be less than thirty feet from my front door (way less), or from work where I'd have to go outside anyway to start the van before leaving.

I'm thinking mostly winter, I hate sitting in a cold vehicle waiting for windows to clear up. Summer heat in the Pacific Northwest isn't that bad.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Where do I find 2013 T&C seven button keyfob enclosures? I've looked around a bit and not found one that's OEM.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
132 Posts
Where do I find 2013 T&C seven button keyfob enclosures? I've looked around a bit and not found one that's OEM.

Thanks.
The key fob itself is a few pieces, one of them is the rubber part with the clickers. This can be purchased off ebay (just the rubber piece with all 7 buttons or selected variations of where the clickers are. They cost around 10 USD, will fit your fob

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ordered and received new button pads for my fobs, easy switch over.

Now I need to buy the hood switch, and the software and hardware to enable remote start. I assume that all I need to do then is just follow your instructions?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
132 Posts
I ordered and received new button pads for my fobs, easy switch over.

Now I need to buy the hood switch, and the software and hardware to enable remote start. I assume that all I need to do then is just follow your instructions?
Yep, you can buy appcar FCA and you are able to activate a lot of things there, but it costs 50$. On top of the hood ajar sensor, you might want to consider the remote start antenna, which increases range of the remote start. Apparently in 09 dodge didn't install remote start antennas, just the normal wireless key antenna. Lucky

·
Registered
182 Posts
How challenging is installing the longer range antenna?

I don't mind the cost of the software and hardware I'll need.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know if I need the added range. I can see my van from my front window. The van is less than twenty feet away.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
132 Posts
Should work without additional antena
I compared a WCM at the auto wrecker yard to one without, I noticed the spot where the antenna plugs into the WCM, the circuit board has these 5 slots it is soldered into, my WCM has those slots there, maybe it would be as simple as removing that antenna connector and soldering it onto my circuit board?

121 - 140 of 146 Posts