The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. If I go to a junkyard or order an RKE module, does it have to be for a 99 voyager or are all RKE modules for that year and potentially other 3rd gen van years compatible? For instance the town & country, grand caravan, etc...

2. What do you guys think of tapping into the wires behind the body control module Instead of ripping the whole dash apart and separating the wiring harness? I'm thinking I could just match up the pink, black, grey/black, and light green/red.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i am guessing that they changed the module the same time they changed fob styles, and consequently the internals, would need one from the same revision, e.g. 96-97, or 98-00, or something like that, can't remember which year they changed the remotes. Also, the RKE module goes under the top panel of the dash. easy to remove and I'm guessing that the wiring is preexisting even if the van never came with the option? Hopefully someone else can confirm or deny my speculations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did go to a junkyard and got an RKE module for a 99 Dodge Caravan. Only $15 so if it doesn't work I'm not out that much. Our Grand Voyager does have the screw holes for an RKE module but no wiring up top.

·
Registered
13 Posts
looked into it and tried it out .....if there are no wires to hook up the RKE module the BCM is not programmed for plug and play. tried it out..... got wires, module and connectors for the main plug to the bcm at the junk jard..... hooked it up .....no go .....not programmed ...now if you change the bcm then it would work but its not worth it (different mileage and vin no...and who knows - programming the bcm - don't have the interface or software, and sending it out to be programmed is too expensive)..... aftermarked rke with or without starter option seems to be the better solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts