The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ended up ordering a Mopar jack online from a Texas dealership. Came with no case or wrench or even a shipping box. Just had a shipping tag attached and a manufacturers tag with December 2019 date code. $120 with the shipping so a rip off but definitely better quality than the $25 one I purchased at hardware store. It’s made in Canada verses China. The turn bolt and threads seem heavier duty and turns smoother. Sprayed some WD40 on the pivot points, wrapped it in an old hand towel and put it in the designated storage compartment. Hopefully I’ll never need it.

·
Super Moderator
22,925 Posts
Ended up ordering a Mopar jack online from a Texas dealership. Came with no case or wrench or even a shipping box. Just had a shipping tag attached and a manufacturers tag with December 2019 date code. $120 with the shipping so a rip off but definitely better quality than the $25 one I purchased at hardware store. It’s made in Canada verses China. The turn bolt and threads seem heavier duty and turns smoother. Sprayed some WD40 on the pivot points, wrapped it in an old hand towel and put it in the designated storage compartment. Hopefully I’ll never need it.
You think they would have sent you a wrench. Those wrenches aren't that strong anyway. You will likely need a breaker bar to loosen the nuts, especially if a Shop has tightened them to 120+ ft.lb.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dealer got a used rim and put a new full size tire on it for me for a spare.
I thought the spare tire carrier underneath the 2019 models could not fit a full size spare? I hate compact spare tires with a passion, and I would replace mine with a full size spare if I could, but it's contraindicated by the manual.

In the downloadable Users Guide for the 2019 it says on page 134:

"The winch mechanism is designed specifically
to stow a compact spare tire only. Do not
attempt to use the winch to stow the full size
deflated tire, or any other full-size tire, as the
tire may not be held securely. Vehicle damage
may result."

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It didnt come with the winch or carrier either. Says right on the door ledge sticker- no spare tire. I just have it in the back of the van. Takes up room, but what ya gonna do? On my pickup I keep my spare on the bed as well, cuz it got froze up under the truck.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts