The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2008 Grand Caravan and am in the process of getting it certified to get the plates.
I took it to the dealer to have the recalls done, among them the Occupant Restraint Control Module, which I thought would fix the air bag light being on all the time, but it didn't. The light comes on when I start the engine, then goes off for second and it comes back on and stays on.

I done a lot of searching for the solution, but so far what I have tried has not worked.
I checked the yellow connectors under the seats (attached to the seats), and they are fine. I checked that they made proper contact with a multi-meter. What I found odd is that one side of the connector had 2 wires and the other 4. I also checked the yellow connectors in the door pillars, they are fine too.

I has a yellow connector on the floor with nothing connected to it on the floor under both, the left and right side seats. Should there be something connected to it?
IMG_20190723_132449.jpg

Also, it has a what looks like a sensor under the driver's seat, where the connector is part yellow, is that air bag related as well?
IMG_20190723_132414.jpg

Any ideas on what I should be looking at to fix the air bag light?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Get the codes read. They should point out where the issue is. It could be in clock spring but get codes read first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts