The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
happy holidays all!!

i usually post to another GC site, but they dont seem to repsonsive, so ill try here. :)

i have two 1996 GC, ES, 3.8L. im moving parts from one to the other. yesterday we moved over the rear leaf springs and put on new KYB gas-a-just shocks. today we install the airlift air bag system....however i did not read the fine print and it says "not to use with rear A/C"....however my mechanic buddy who i am working with says "no problem! we will just bend and move them out of the way of the upper bracket"....oookkkkkaaaayyyyy......really? :nut:

has anyone done this with this kit? does it work?

we want to finish the install today so i can hit the road tomorrow as we going on a "ski-kation" thru new mexico, colorado....and will be loaded with people and gear.

thanks!

td1

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Bending the lines may work just fine, but if you crack them the a/c will obviously need repair. Aluminum tends to work harden over time on vehicles from the vibrations, so the lines may crack easily.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Bending the lines may work just fine, but if you crack them the a/c will obviously need repair. Aluminum tends to work harden over time on vehicles from the vibrations, so the lines may crack easily.
JMO: Bad time to be taking a ski-kation soon after a job like that. Any problems to surface will leave you in a bad spot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed a pair of air lifts on my van, i twearked the lines and put some rubber around the the lines to keep them from and causing a problem. and then towed an tent trailer for 7000 miles and no problems. Go for it .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts