The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install rear "Air Ride" springs on my 2013 Grand Caravan SXT. I have confirmed that I have the correct kit (60814). I have it all pulled apart, and ready to install the air bags. I can NOT get an 3 3/4" diameter air bag through the bottom of the spring that measures at most 2 3/4". The top of the spring also measures 2 3/4" Any ideas? Unfortunately, the company is closed today.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Invader. I had not seen the video. I finally got the bag into the spring by sliding them in between the coils and forcing them down. While the rear axle assembly looks like my 2013, the supplied instructions called for a different routing of the air lines through the upper spring perch. A 1/2" hole needed to be drilled into the upper spring perch reinforcement and a grommet installed. This was so that the air line could move freely up and down as the axle moved up and down. My guess is they changed the exit of the line after it went through the upper jounce bumper bracket as it was rubbing on the exit route they used in the video. Thanks again.

Reactions: invader
1 - 3 of 3 Posts