The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Town & Country Touring. 171k and counting. Slowly upgrading to a Limited trim.
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all. Ive looked through the posts I could find but so far nothing. I figured I ask here before emailing them.
Heres the issue. Im attempting to enable the premium sound I installed, (the infinity system). It came out of a 2010 T&C and its gone into my 2012 T&C.
When I connect via alfaOBD to the system, I can see the amp, I can run the tests it provides, and everything checks out.
When I go to enable it; connect to the TIPM (listed as body control module) on the start page, (key is in the run position, but not running, doors shut), then I switch over to advanced tab, select 'car configuration change' from the drop down menu, Select Option 'Cabin Network:AMP amplifier', select value ' SET', and hit the test button I get "The Option is not supported by the body computer modification" and the value remains "not set". So far, rerunning it has done nothing to change that message.

Seeking a reason I checked the TIPM for error codes and only got one I forgot to write down but indicates that it detected an additional ECU on the cabin network. I assume thats the amp and it doesnt know what it is because I cant get the amp option set. everything else checks out.

Im wondering if anyone else has run into a similar situations or error message on the car config page.
Im also starting to wonder if since the amp is out of a 2010 and there is a specific 2010 TIPM on the start screen if that wasnt some one off coding issue Im running into. That purely speculation on my part, but Im kinda at a lose as to how to fix this, and I like to know things dont work.
FYI, Im running Alfa on a windows 10 laptop with the recommended cable.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,975 Posts
Sounds like it's a cable issue to me, but I never had that happen to me before. Can you enable or disable any functions or do you get the same error message?

As far as amplifiers go, the only change between 2008-2010 and 2011+ was added software for Bluetooth streaming somewhere in the 2010 model year, the rest should all be the same, most 5'th gen parts should swap over no problem including the amplifier. I installed a 2008 amplifier into a 2014 caravan without issues from activating the function, minus there being no bt streaming capability. I also tested a 2011 model year amp in my 2009 without issues.

Sometimes it ends up being the cable that plugs into the OBD port, I use a bluetooth "Icar Vgate 2.0" which is bt that connects to a bluetooth usb device on my laptop.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It is possible that a sales code may need to be added to allow this upgrade. Unfortunately this is not something alphaobd can do. Adding a sales code typically requires a dealer to add the code to the corporate data base and download the updated information to the vehicle. Depending on the dealer, it could cost up to 1 hour of labor.

Cannot rule out the possibility the bcm does not support the upgrade and a new bcm may be required.

·
Registered
2012 Town & Country Touring. 171k and counting. Slowly upgrading to a Limited trim.
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I got it working. No idea what fixed it though, I tried it this morning and boom, smooth as silk.
Im gonna chalk this one up to an old laptop and its being late, but a win is a win right?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Interesting - kind of tracks what happened when I attempted to add remote start to my 2014 200.

When I added the remote start to my 2014 200 with appcar, it did not seem to take. Took it to the dealer to add the sales code thinking that is what I was missing. Dealer was not successful in getting the remote start to work. A few hours later (maybe the next day) I was attempting to open the trunk and it did not pop. Realized the car had started!!!. The keyfob with the remote start had put the remote start where the non-remote start trunk button had been. Since the remote start had not been working, I had the old keyfob where the trunk release was now remote start. A pleasant surprise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts