The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Got the beta working. I have the "routines" tab now, but tere still isn't an option to reset the WCM config. Just for poops and giggles I tried reprogramming all my key fobs. It worked...I have remote start now.

...kinda 馃槖

Whatever is up with my hood ajar switch is preventing it from completing the sequence. But I'll figure it out.

Registered
But what exact you did to make it working? I鈥檓 trying to do the same with AlfaOBD, but there are no WIN reset option too. May be 200/Avenger don鈥檛 need WIN reset? Just restart an engine or so?

Registered
Forgot to ask, did you use original Mopar hood switch? There are small resistor inside in the original.

Registered
Forgot to ask, did you use original Mopar hood switch? There are small resistor inside in the original.
Yeah I did, and I tested it with an ohmmeter. 1000k resistance when closed.

Coincidentally, today my horn isn't working anymore. When I first got the car I had to pull the front end apart to fix some stuff. I think I'll pull it apart again. If I'm lucky, I'll find a spot where the horn wiring and the hood ajar wiring are rubbing each other. Maybe fix 2 issues...

Registered
What is the name of the option ? "resetting keys" or something?
No I just used the same routine as programming a new key. The description says it also reprograms existing keys. I just thought to myself... maybe that'll convince the WCM that this button on this key should start the car rather than pop the trunk. Seems to have done the trick.

Registered
Got it working. Common ground for everything under the hood is under the right fender. Mine was corroded. Cut back the wires, cleaned everything, new connector...boom. Hood ajar switch works, horn works, remote start works.

Registered
Sounds good! I鈥檓 installed hood switch on my 200, but waiting obdlink cable to activate it. All my elm327 Bluetooth can鈥檛 do that 鈥渨rite request sent, but no feedback from ECU鈥, but other diagnostics work just fine. I鈥檓 have AlfaOBD only.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts