The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Grand Caravan with 190,000 kms. Been a good reliable van, starting to have some minor issues. Currently not able to get the rear turn signals to work even though the indicator lights and front signals light up properly. Can't really find a better kid hauler anywhere. Cheap to run, and reliable!

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Welcome!

Got a pic of the van? Do the turn signal lights dim at night in the rear? Could have a bad connection.

Any other issues with the van?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taillights

Actually, after trouble shooting and checking power and ground from the fuse box to the rear tailight module, I found it was as simple as the tailight socket connectors had become weak and no longer made contact. I went to the auto wreckers last night and picked up 6 good ones with bulbs for $10! I will post pictures of the van when I have time.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Awesome man! I'll keep that in mind if I ever have turn signal issues.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a similar issue, with the front signal..it works, but like half light, and it flashes fast, the right side is fine. Replaced the bulb holders/sockets with New ones, and No change..2003 3.3 Grand.
Help!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response(s)......So far, I've purchased the following for the van......

Curt Manufacturing 13362 Class III receiver hitch - $138.65 (Amazon Prime)
Dorman 603-934 Power steering reservoir - $17.94 (Amazon Prime)
Shee-Mar SM134 Turn Signal wiper/dimmer/multifunction switch $40.68 (Amazon, including shipping)

I've only been able to replace the turn signal switch and the new one works like a charm. The old one didn't have that "click" to it that you hear and feel when signaling to turn.
The Class III receiver is for a bicycle rack (holds 5!).
The power steering reservoir will hopefully silent the noise/vibe that I hear/feel when making low speed turns.

I don't have any immediate plans for performance upgrades at this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts