41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
It's happening to me right now.

·
Administrator
475 Posts
Apologies that our fix didn't have the permanence that you and I had hoped for. We are working on resolving this for you, and I hope a solution is found within an agreeable timeframe for you.

-Gerrit

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Hello,

This ugly push notifications pop up still haunting us.

But now I noticed something that might help you troubleshoot the problem.

For some strange reasons, sometimes the page goes to the lite version, it is during this time when this pop up shows up.

It might be some site settings that might need to be worked on.

It might also be google settings on our side, I don't know but will check for sure.

Check the very top of this screenshot (addres bar).

Meant time allow us to move this pop-up out of the way so we can navigate through the site, at this time it is fixed, preventing us to navigate the site unless we close the page or do a page refresh.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Think I found the problem.

I had Google Lite Mode on.

Turned Lite Mode off already, hope that solve the problem.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Now I know why those Push Notifications are too pushy.

When Lite Mode is called, cookies are not read, that is the reason this pop-up keeps poping, it can not read cookies instructions not to pop:

When you go to a secure page that uses HTTPS, Chrome sends the URL to Google to load faster. Only the URL is sent, and Chrome doesn't share your cookies or personal data with Google.

Now, the real reason why Google is invoking Lite Mode:

If Chrome predicts that a page will take longer than 5 seconds for the first text or image to show on screen, it will load a Lite version of the page instead. Lite pages are highly optimized to load considerably faster.
This site pages are taking too long to load, that is the real reason why this pop-up shows only every now and then.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts