The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a newish 2015 Grand Caravan SE+ sitting in the driveway. It just replaced my perfectly running and looking 2012 DGC SE+, well it was until it was slammed by a dump truck. Funny thing is, aside from being able to see out of or open either passenger doors, the van drove perfectly. The insurance company totaled her though.

Speaking of insurance, did you know it costs about three grand more to buy a similar van with almost identical miles. Ridiculous I say. Well, wife's home, gotta go...

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,780 Posts
Hello all,

The insurance company totaled her though.
Speaking of insurance, did you know it costs about three grand more to buy a similar van with almost identical miles. Ridiculous I say. Well, wife's home, gotta go...
It all depends on insurance company.

I had a total totaled vehicles in my lifetime.

1.- 1981 Chevy

Insurance: Allstate Insurance

Allowed my brother to drive it, had an accident.

Insurance offered $500.00 more than Blue Book and allowed me to keep my vehicle if I wanted to.

Asked insurance why they offered that much, their answer was my vehicle was very clean, they help customers who take good care of their vehicles.

2.- 1982 Ford Bronco.

Insurance: Allstate Insurance.

Damage: Small dents for highway construction gravel.

Insurance paid more than total value of vehicle. I only asked if that damage was covered, they paid for new windshield (windshield was already broke, and they knew it) plus complete paint job. Since vehicle was paid off, they gave me a check, didn't reported this damage to carfax.

3.- 1992 Ford Lincoln

Insurance: Geico

Insurance paid more than blue book and allowed me to keep vehicle.

Damage: Passenger side door only.

Adjuster was very nice, I had paid $8000.00 for the vehicle a day before, it was not even insured yet, but the other side called my insurance. Geico called to let me know they had the right to negotiate this claim. I told them it was ok as long as they pay whatever they agree.

Sure enough, they paid me and the other side too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts