The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan. I was on the expressway the other day when I noticed a buzzing sound coming from the passenger door area. A day later, I was on the expressway when I heard a snap, then a nasty buzzing sound. Pulling over I discovered the plastic trim on the door rear of the window had torn loose from the door pillar. Has anyone else had trim come off their van? So now, I am now looking for Right Front Door Applique. Any recommendations where to purchase this part?

Attachments

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
13,833 Posts
Hello,

Happened to my 2012 T&C, same color as yours. I didn't lost mine, when I heard that noise,I pulled over and saw it loose. Secured it with duct tape. Later, I applied some RTV and forgot about it.

·
Super Moderator
26,416 Posts
That's a common problem with the 2018s. One passed me yesterday with the trim completely gone. :)

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan. I was on the expressway the other day when I noticed a buzzing sound coming from the passenger door area. A day later, I was on the expressway when I heard a snap, then a nasty buzzing sound. Pulling over I discovered the plastic trim on the door rear of the window had torn loose from the door pillar. Has anyone else had trim come off their van? So now, I am now looking for Right Front Door Applique. Any recommendations where to purchase this part?

I would try this site
https://www.moparfactoryparts.com/o...jYXJhdmFuJnk9MjAxNSZ0PXN4dCZlPTMtNmwtdjYtZ2Fz

Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the exact same thing happen to my 2014 DGC. I just chalked it up to bad luck. I was surprised it would cost $60 to replace a piece of plastic so I just forgot about it. It does bother me on the rare occasion I am a passenger though.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
same piece missing from a 2015 in our fleet

·
Registered
10 Posts
The passenger B post trim piece blew off my 2013 T&C recently. I looked at the internet pricing, but when you added shipping, it was cheaper to get it from my dealer (after asking for a small discount, of course).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The passenger B post trim piece blew off my 2013 T&C recently. I looked at the internet pricing, but when you added shipping, it was cheaper to get it from my dealer (after asking for a small discount, of course).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's been just over a year since it happened. I bought the part on eBay and have never gotten around to putting it on. Maybe after the 4th of July.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well after 5 years the passenger side blew off but it was saved by the screw holding the bottom. My wife complained of a noisy door seal especially during cross winds. I removed my trim and found it only held on by double stick tape, so I cleaned it all up applied RTV clear and taped it up until it cured now solved most of the noise problem. Noise was generated partially by the cowl "plastic" screws loosing tension. I repositioned the cowl and used "real" nuts and bolts. Problem diminished significantly.

Manufacturers should recommend re gluing and re-taping modern cars at certain intervals.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Happened to my '16. Was a crazy bang on the highway and saw it was missing at our next stop. Dealer replaced it free. Car was pretty new still.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
13,833 Posts
Well after 5 years the passenger side blew off but it was saved by the screw holding the bottom. My wife complained of a noisy door seal especially during cross winds. I removed my trim and found it only held on by double stick tape, so I cleaned it all up applied RTV clear and taped it up until it cured now solved most of the noise problem. Noise was generated partially by the cowl "plastic" screws loosing tension. I repositioned the cowl and used "real" nuts and bolts. Problem diminished significantly.

Manufacturers should recommend re gluing and re-taping modern cars at certain intervals.
Next time use colored (black, red or blue) RTV, clear doesn't withstand the heat and wind. I used black

1 - 20 of 26 Posts