The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
E85

Here in Canada we don't have what you call E85.
We have some stations selling 90% unleaded and 10% Ethanol. (E85)
Most stations still sell straight unleaded. Right now I am paying
$4.03 canadian for an American gallon and it's still raising. :eek:

Vtech

Here in Canada we don't have what you call E85.
We have some stations selling 90% unleaded and 10% Ethanol. (E85)
Most stations still sell straight unleaded. Right now I am paying
$4.03 canadian for an American gallon and it's still raising. :eek:
90% gasoline and 10% ethanol is called E10. E85 is 15% gasoline and 85% ethanol.

DSMLVR: Soon to be in your neck of the woods, if you are close to St. Louis (Creve Coure).

My company is trying to get it brought into local stations.

Detroit Area E-85

There aren't many places to get E-85 around here but one station near where I work (Southfield, MI.) has it for $2.69 (unleaded regular:$3.19)
If I need gas and I am close by I usually go there and get the E-85 but so far I have never seen anyone else use the pump. My mileage goes from 19-20 mpg down to about 14-16.. One co-worker tried E-85 in his new Dodge Ram pickup and his mileage dropped from 10 to 7-8!! (Gulp!!)
Talk about pump shock, I have a torpedo heater to heat my garage in the winter, so I took 2 five gallon kerosene jugs figuring I could get about $20 worth to last a while...and discovered at $4.35+ per gallon I couldn't even fill one of the jugs for $20!:blink:

I paid $1.99 at a small town in Central Iowa Tuesday. That was $1.00 under the price of E10. For that price, I will drive my van the 10 miles north to get it!!!!

98 Caravan, watch those torpedos. A friend of mine nearly lost a barnfull of thoroghbred horses due to a torpedo heater.

Unless combined with other trips - I have to travel 10mi RT to get E85. Which is about one gallon's worth...

Worse mileage on E85 does get you to change your habits for the better - eliminating redundant or superfluous trips, combining errands, driving less, etc.

All good preparation for the Long Emergency of dwindling energy resources ahead...

-Jim

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.